EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Seam Sealer  (Read 2766 times)

buzz cut

• ---
Seam Sealer
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »
Hi All,
I have a 1998 Coleman / Fleetwood / Westlake pop up camper. on the inner seams of the pull outs there seems to be a silicone, paper like material that is flaking off. Can any one tell me what was used at the factory to seal the seams, what I could use to reseal the seams today & where I might be able to get it? I tried to contact the Coleman website but I haven't gotten any response and it's been like a week or so. My camper is not leaking but I'm concerned if I don't get something on these seams they  may shortly. Also, what can I use to protect or seal the outside of these pull outs as the sides are like a canvas material? thank you so much I appreciate whatever suggestion, solutions you may have. I went to campers world and I did not see anything I could use.

Alfa38User

• ---
Re: Seam Sealer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
There used to be a liquid waterproofing material available  that could be brushed or sprayed on tents and that would work well. But, with the advent of nylon-like tent materials, I don't know if this material is still available and still used or not.... A outdoor or camping store might have something more so than an RV dealer. (My former tent trailer (many years ago) was all tent, no hard top, and that is what I used.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:25:48 AM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Seam Sealer
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:18:41 PM »
Coogans Seam Sealer if I'm not mistaken

Appears I may be mistaken as to the name,, This is a spray on from the looks of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Texsport-15615-Waterproofer-Seam-Sealer/dp/B000M7RRU2
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Hosted by Over The Network