Seam Sealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzz cut

Hi All,
I have a 1998 Coleman / Fleetwood / Westlake pop up camper. on the inner seams of the pull outs there seems to be a silicone, paper like material that is flaking off. Can any one tell me what was used at the factory to seal the seams, what I could use to reseal the seams today & where I might be able to get it? I tried to contact the Coleman website but I haven't gotten any response and it's been like a week or so. My camper is not leaking but I'm concerned if I don't get something on these seams they  may shortly. Also, what can I use to protect or seal the outside of these pull outs as the sides are like a canvas material? thank you so much I appreciate whatever suggestion, solutions you may have. I went to campers world and I did not see anything I could use.

There used to be a liquid waterproofing material available  that could be brushed or sprayed on tents and that would work well. But, with the advent of nylon-like tent materials, I don't know if this material is still available and still used or not.... A outdoor or camping store might have something more so than an RV dealer. (My former tent trailer (many years ago) was all tent, no hard top, and that is what I used.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom