Dometic RM1989 fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amickr

I have a demotic rm3601 frige will not work on gas or electric. I checked the voltage coming in to fridge while it was plugged into ac. and on the 12 volt side I get 33.7 ac in the 12 volt power is this two much dirty power?

That voltage makes no sense at all for DC power. You only have a 12V battery at most. For AC power you should find about 120V AC when plugged in. If these are actual readings, you are most likely measuring stuff incorrectly or in the wrong spot, or something has been connected improperly. Has this fridge ever worked before?

Maybe this will help: http://dutchmen.com/image/data/documents/parts/Dometic_AES_Refer_Diagnostic_Service_Manual.pdf

If you measured the AC voltage on a DC power line, you might see +33v of AC (called AC ripple). It is indeed "dirty", i.e. the DC power source is also generating a lot of AC on the same wire. Whether that's the problem is a different question. The fridge makers all spec that the DC power should be clean (filtered) but few RVs have very clean power and they still work fine. Is there a battery in this circuit? Usually the battery is sufficient to filter out most of the ripple.

In any case, try running the fridge from battery power only, i.e. no engine alternator or DC converter/charger in use. Battery power is clean, so that would eliminate dirty power as a possible cause.

Agree with Gary.  Unplug the entire coach from AC and measure/try again.  33vac ripple may be an indication that your converter/inverter is bad.  Typically from a bad capacitor.

There is a possibility it may have burned out your refers control board.  The boards can be tested by any shop that has a Dometic board tester.

The OP was never seen or heard from again after his/her initial post.... It happens from time to time I guess. Hopefully they solved the problem!!!

Now that's funny!  Gary and I are so eager to solve problems that neither one of us looked at the OP date.

;D ;D ;D

Yes!! Done that quite a few times myself for those same reasons perhaps!! The only reason I had noticed the dates this time was because of reply#1. I did not remember having made it recently!! ::)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom