The West Coast with the Wishard"s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Jeff, you told me not to miss it. We are going to be in Hoodsport until Sat. Just got to do some more crabbing and berry picking before I move on. The berries are wild and they are all up and down the highways. I picked those in the picture at a roadside park.
  We drove along Hood Canel to Belfair today then on to Tacoma. Beautiful drive!

Attachments

• Water wheel 003.JPG
    Water wheel 003.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 27
  Yesterday we left Hoodsport Wash. and headed up To Black Diamond ,Washington just a few miles from Ray and Liza. We all went out to eat after a few cocktails at the RV. Today we are heading to Mt. Rainer in the jeep. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• Black Diamond. Washington 004-001.JPG
    Black Diamond. Washington 004-001.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Black Diamond. Washington 003-001.JPG
    Black Diamond. Washington 003-001.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 19
Henry Wishard said:
  Yesterday we left Hoodsport Wash. and headed up To Black Diamond ,Washington just a few miles from Ray and Liza. We all went out to eat after a few cocktails at the RV. Today we are heading to Mt. Rainer in the jeep. Stay tuned!

"A Few"??  I have never know you to have only a FEW. . .  Hoping Margaret is driving. . . . .HA

Today we drove out to Sunrise entrance to Mt. Rainier. What a beautiful site and a clear day to observe. We are staying in Black Diamond at the Sunrise Resort and will be leaving in the morning towards Newport. Or. Goodbye Washington. I won"t miss the traffic on I-5.

Attachments

• Mt. Rainier July 2014 016.JPG
    Mt. Rainier July 2014 016.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Mt. Rainier July 2014 012.JPG
    Mt. Rainier July 2014 012.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Mt. Rainier July 2014 020.JPG
    Mt. Rainier July 2014 020.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Mt. Rainier July 2014 029.JPG
    Mt. Rainier July 2014 029.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Mt. Rainier July 2014 030.JPG
    Mt. Rainier July 2014 030.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 17
Last week we also had a beautiful day on our trip to Sunrise. Sunrise has some great view of the mountain. We then continued around the mountain to the east and south to Paradise and then back to Puyallup. 200 mile round trip.
You will finally be getting close to us. We are in Florence but headed Wednesday to Waldport, not far south of Newport. We choose Waldport because we've never stayed there before while we been to Newport many times. We will drive up to Newport to go to the Chalet restaurant for lunch and pie. Keep in touch maybe we can meet.

ken

Henry,

In your honor and at your recommendation we had Chowder at the Light House restaurant in Reedsport - for desert we split an Apple Crisp a la mode. The chodwer was VERY GOOD.
We have been there before but this is the first time I tried their chowder. Thank you for the recommendation.

Betty, for you we had lunch at Griff's yesterday in Winchester Bay. They have improved the already good Fish & Chips and the Scallops.

ken

We arrived in Newport this evening. Drove a little over 300 miles. Margaret and I then drove to Depot Bay for chowder at Gracie's Sea Hag. We are staying at Port of Newport RV park right next to Rouge Brewery. We will be here in space 74 until the 4th of August.
  Had my right side mirror taken off by a tandem dump truck in downtown Newport. He crossed over the white stripe. After honking my air horn his trailer took it right off. I followed him but he would not pull off. Live and learn.

Ordered one today from Tiffin, $432.00 plus $92.00 for 2day shipping. As they say " It's only money!"

Said goodbye to the West Coast, we left Newport this morning and arrived in Albany at the Blue Ox RV park. The rates are very good at $100.00 for 3 night. The park is all concrete pads and you are allowed to wash your rigs.
  We will be heading for Bend, Or. Tuesday morning for a week at Scandia RV park. We might be riding over to the FMCA rally at Redmond. If anyone is looking for a nice park in Albany they have a few openings tonight.

Henry,

If we don't see you at the Redmond rally we will be at Scandia after Redmond. You didn't really think you could avoid us all summer! VBG  ;D

Not avoiding just doing my thing. Guess I will have to come to Redmond to see Terry and Betty's new paint job!

Henry,

Dee and I would love to buy you a birthday drink to celebrate your birthday.  Please come by the Redmond rally.  We would love to see you and Margaret!

Steve & Dee

Oh! That birthday thing. I almost forgot about that. Liza and I have the same birthday but she is a lot more attractive that I. We are going to try to make it over to the Rally. I might just take you up on that drink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom