The West Coast with the Wishard"s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Left the Blue Ox RV park in  Albany after yesterday's 100 degree weather. Arrived in Bend, Or. Today for a week. Already running a heat source. Had dinner with friends from the Forum. Thanks to Barb and Frank for the invite and Liza and Ray who came along to celebrate Liza and my Birthday. Special day with Rv Forum Framily.

Thanks for the happy b-day. Spent the day in Glass Butte digging obsidian rock for a friend that flint naps arrowheads. Tomorrow will head to Redmond to the FMCA rally and hope to see some framily.

We're all waiting for you Henry.  We'll just look for the fish guy.  ;D

ArdraF

Visited with Framily the past 3 days at the FMCA rally here in Redmond. Bought a sun screen for our awning yesterday and last night 14 of us went out for dinner. This was actually the best food Margaret and I have had since we left Texas.
  Thanks to all the members for having us over for happy hour and special thanks to Barb and Frank. Sorry about your steps!

After the FMCA rally we spent a few days without phone service or internet at Crater Lake. I have posted a few pics of the lake for anyone's enjoyment. After a couple of hard days on Hwy 140 and I-80 we have arrived back into the deserted town of Moab. "Where is everyone?". When I left in May the streets and Portal was full. I have posted a couple of pics of Main St. and Portal as of today.

Attachments

• Downtown Moab aug 2014 009.JPG
    Downtown Moab aug 2014 009.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Downtown Moab aug 2014 013.JPG
    Downtown Moab aug 2014 013.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Downtown Moab aug 2014 014.JPG
    Downtown Moab aug 2014 014.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Downtown Moab aug 2014 015.JPG
    Downtown Moab aug 2014 015.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Crater Lake 2014 016.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 016.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Crater Lake 2014 024.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 024.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 11
  • Crater Lake 2014 025.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 025.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Crater Lake 2014 031.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 031.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Crater Lake 2014 035-001.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 035-001.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Crater Lake 2014 050.JPG
    Crater Lake 2014 050.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
Two days from Crater Lake to Moab ? Long days. We're lucky to do it in 3-1/2 days.

I keep telling people that Moab is dead in August and no one ever believes me. Now I can show them the proof in your pictures :)

Actually we made Moab on our 3rd day. We left Crater Lake and drove to Winnemucca Nv, then to Provo, Ut then the next day to Moab.  Tonight we are in Rio Rancho, NM. We drove right through your home town today.

Back in Texas in the heat after spending last night in Carlsbad, NM . This concludes our trip and we thank everyone that replied.

Henry, I've sure enjoyed traveling along with you and Margaret and the best part was actually seeing you in person in Redmond!  Looking forward to our Palo Duro Canyon rally next May.

ArdraF

Thanks again everyone, we are in Bandera, Texas for the next 5 nights then off to visit the Grandkids .

Henry, I enjoyed reading along with your travels.  Looks like you and Margaret had a great time.

Be safe and we will see you soon.

Mike.

We really enjoyed your travel post and especially enjoyed seeing you in Redmond.  Hope you made your Moab reservation for October?  Looking forward to a ride in the back seat of your Jeep.  Thanks for all the pics and the good info on places to see in Oregon.

Steve & Dee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom