EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: The West Coast with the Wishard"s  (Read 15985 times)

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
Re: The West Coast with the Wishard"s
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »
  This is our first trip to Oregon and Washington but not our last. We have really enjoyed the coast and the weather. I guess we are just lucky to have only 2 days rain in the past 2 months.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

THEBigLarry

• ---
  • If a Hammer won't fix it, it's an electrical issue
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
  This is our first trip to Oregon and Washington but not our last. We have really enjoyed the coast and the weather. I guess we are just lucky to have only 2 days rain in the past 2 months.

Sounds like a good trip for you so far.  Especially your 'crabbing' appears to have been good.
When will you head south?  Maybe we can meet up somewhere and listen to your exploits for a while.

Larry and Loretta Dodd
2007 American Eagle 42' 500 Big Horses
2014 Jeep Rubicon  "LoLa II"
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Living Life at Full Throttle!  
FULL TIME as of Aug 1, 2014.

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
Larry, not sure when I will be entering Texas but it won't be until September. I'll let you know. We visited with Deb & Randy Sherow today and will be meeting them Tuesday for lunch in Astoria, Or. How the sale of the house going?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:17:03 PM by Henry Wishard »
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2014, 03:37:10 PM »
An official minirally!  Looks like those fine folks are having a good time too.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
Life is good Ardra, and we plan to live it to it's fullest. No time for the rocking chair. Tell Jerry hello for us.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
So true and I will!

ArdraF
ArdraF

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »
   The last couple of day we have spent in Astoria and IIwaco,Wa. Visited the Columbia River Maritime Museum yesterday and today before we started our adventure had lunch with Deb and Randy. We spent the evening visiting the light houses on the coast of Washington. Cape Disappointment and the North Head lighthouse. Also visited the Interpretive center at Cape Disappointment.
   We had a great visit with Deb & Randy and enjoyed the conversation and lunch at the Bridge Water Bistro. Good food and great company.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
  Today we visited Fort Clatsop where they were having a Seaman Dog event. The dog breed was Newfoundland the same breed of dog the Meriwether Lewis took with them on the expedition to the Pacific. The dogs name was Seaman.
   We also visited the Fort Nelson State Park and saw the wreckage of The Peter Iredale. The old fort bunkers, jail and some of the foundation still stand. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:59:25 PM by Henry Wishard »
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Steve N Dee

• ---
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »
Great pics Henry.  We arelooking forward to visiting some of those places when we head north next month.

Steve
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
   Thanks Steve, I hope the posts will help you with your trip. We arrived in Port Angeles, Wash. today and staying about 10 mile east at Rainbow End RV Park. Staying a week and will be posting some pics of our adventure. Tune in a later date for pics.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

THEBigLarry

• ---
  • If a Hammer won't fix it, it's an electrical issue
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »
"Spook" needs one of those big floppy hairy slobbering Newfoundland puppies to keep him company as he stands watch. . . . .
Larry and Loretta Dodd
2007 American Eagle 42' 500 Big Horses
2014 Jeep Rubicon  "LoLa II"
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Living Life at Full Throttle!  
FULL TIME as of Aug 1, 2014.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »
"Spook" needs one of those big floppy hairy slobbering Newfoundland puppies to keep him company as he stands watch. . . . .

And you know what those puppies become. ::)

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
   Thanks Steve, I hope the posts will help you with your trip. We arrived in Port Angeles, Wash. today and staying about 10 mile east at Rainbow End RV Park. Staying a week and will be posting some pics of our adventure. Tune in a later date for pics.

Henry, we drove "around" each other. We were in Port Townsend for nine days, but left Wednesday and headed south on 101(east). Today we are in Shelton, but will head out to near the coast at Hoquiam/Aberdeen. On the 16th we will come back to the area south of Seattle (Puyallup).

Are you going to go north to Victoria and Vancouver Island. We really enjoyed our 4 days in Victoria and further north 3 days in Parksville and 5 days in Campbell River. My favorite was Campbell River.

Enjoy your trip, maybe our paths will cross.

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:45 AM »
   Ken, we are making this trip up as we go. We get up in the morning  and check wind speed to determine if we should travel that day. To answer your question we are going to Vancouver on some day trips. Spending a week here in Sequim then a week in Hoodsport. We will be spending a week in Bend, Or. During the FMCA rally. I will check out Clarksville and Campbell River. If they are in Canada I won't be taking the rig. You know all us Texans carry our weapons with us.
  Larry for you and Jeff, you would not believe how much the dogs slobber. The owners carry beach towels with them to clean up there mess.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
Henry
You will have to come over to Redmond for a happy hour as it is not that far from Bend.  We plan on being in Bendd the week after the FMCA rally.  We loved the area where you are now, especially Port Townsend.  Great campground at the fort in town, right on the water..

Sheila
Ken & Sheila

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2014, 06:42:04 PM »
  We are planning on coming to Redmond maybe on a day pass or something,
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »
   Yesterday was a good slow day for us. We started out at the John Wayne Marina. John donated The land for the public use. Drove over to Dungeness Spit. There is a 12 mile round trip walk out to the new Lighthouse. Needless to say we didn't take the hike all the way out. Only went to the viewing area.
  Today a trip out to Hurricane Ridge. A 3.2 mile round trip mostly uphill to the ridge. The scenery was just magnificent. We saw deer, and all type of birds. On the drive back down we saw a Bear and 2 cubs. Here are a few pics of the Marina and Hurricane ridge at 5242 feet elevation.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
    Drove over to Dungeness Spit. There is a 12 mile round trip walk out to the new Lighthouse. Needless to say we didn't take the hike all the way out. Only went to the viewing area.

Henry we did take the hike out to the lighthouse. Hard walking in the rocky beach, but fum never the less. Even got to go up to the light platform in the tower.
Only bad thing was that we didn't plan on going all the way out, so while we took water we didn't take our lunch. We were very hungry by the time we got back to the car.
Ken & Sheila

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
Henry, Your travels are making me wish I was  full timing again.  I am  living your trip daily and can almost hear your evening stories.  Will be looking forward to you stories when we meet up at the Redmond Rally! Spectacular photos!

BB
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Billy Bob

• ---
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:40 PM »
Henry I am following along on your trip enjoying the pictures especially the ones with wild flowers & snow toped mountains in the background and Ken & Shella loved the lighthouse pictures. We left El Paso This morning on I 10 tonight we are in Benson Arizona so we are half way to California, will post some pictures when I get them organized

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
   Billy Bob, I hope you took my suggestion and stayed at the SKP park in Benson. Can't wait to see Betty and Terry's new paint job on their coach. 
   Ken the tide was coming in in about 2 hours after we arrived and the lady at the gate suggested we didn't start at that time.
   Today we started Breakfast at "Oak Table" restaurant in Sequim. Great service and even better food. We would suggest this to anyone close to Sequim. Headed in to tour Port Townsend. Visited the Wooden Boat Foundation and the Point Wilson light house in Fort Worden. Then headed back to Sequim and just as we made the turn back on Hwy 101 we spotted "Smitty's Fat Burger Joint" stopped in to have a Smitty Fat burger and boy was it fat. Very good burger and I would split one burger if you are not a big eater. The service was a little slow but there was about 30 Boy Scouts in the restaurant. The wall and ceiling is covered with money in all denominations. It was taken down about 2 years ago and given to charity. Somewhere around $10,000.00. The picture below shows how much that has been collected in 2 years.
   Tomorrow off to Victoria on a day trip.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:12:14 PM by Henry Wishard »
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »
 It's been a very busy 2 days first taking the COHO over to Victoria, B.C. We visited the city on a day trip and walked the streets of Victoria. Visited the Parliament Bldg., China town, and took the double deck bus tour around the city. Lots to see here in one day. We did not go to the Butchart Gardens however. Here are a few of our pics of the town.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:25:44 AM by Henry Wishard »
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
    Yesterday we were off on another ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville. The fog was so thick the Captain once announced we might have to turn around and go back but the landing was finally spotted and they were able to dock. Coupeville was socked in so we headed toward Anacortes where it was clear. After visiting through out the city we drove to Cape Sande for a great view. The ladies in the bank there recommended taking the drive to the top of Mt. Erie. Very nice drive through a beautiful forest and loads of birds.
   We drove back into Oak Harbor and had a very good lunch at the local Mexican Food restaurant. Them off to Coupeville where the fog had cleared and spent the rest of the days walking around the Harbor and old town Coupeville. We even looked at a couple of houses that was for sale over looking the water. Are we Crazy or What?
   The picture of the headstone tell a sad story of a young man accident on the Mountain.

Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Steve N Dee

• ---
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Great pics and stories Henry.  Keep em' comin. We hope we get a chance to see you in Redmond!

Steve & Dee
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »
We did not go to the Butchart Gardens however

Isn't Victoria in a lovely setting?  I see you were in front of the Empress Hotel.  When you return to Victoria so you can visit Butchart Gardens, which is a whole day visit itself, you can return to the Empress and have High Tea there.  It's a real kick to do that.  And so very British.

ArdraF
ArdraF

Billy Bob

• ---
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
Great pics and stories Henry.  Keep em' comin. We hope we get a chance to see you in Redmond!

Steve & Dee

Same here Henry except for the Redmond part but maybe our paths will cross some were down the road would be nice  to meet you-all. We are a long way behind you spent our first night of this trip in in Calif last night at The Californian RV Resort In Aocton just off Calif 10 NE 0f L. A.   

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
  Arrived today in Hoodsport, Washington and the crab pots are already out. Everyone said that crabbing is slow so I guess we will find out. We have 7 days here at Glen Ayr rv park with a view of Hood Canal.  As I was walking over to the fishing pier an Eagle flew over.
  I am not fishing after looking at the fishing regulations I discovered that you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to understand it all.
  Hello to Steve and Dee, Ardra and Billy Bob. Thanks for posting.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Henry Wishard

• ---
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »
   Here are a few pics of our adventure. As they said crabbing here is real slow. Pulled up my crab pots today. Washington State does not allow crabbing on Tuesday & Wednesday. Margaret and I visited a water fall today and drove to the top of Mt. Walker for the view.
  The black berries are starting to get ripe and picked a couple of quarts today. Berry cobbler tomorrow.
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2017 Tiffin Open Road

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Billy Bob

• ---
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »
Very nice really enjoying your photos. Boy does Blackberry Cobbler sound good, are those in your picture wild berries? We have a whale watching tour out of Ventura on the 24th and then we head north some were around San Francisco don't know just were kind of playing by ear.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
Henry you have been stomping all over our favorite Washington stomping grounds! Our last five years working were in Arlington, 35 miles or so from Annacortes.

Hosted by Over The Network