The West Coast with the Wishard"s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Henry

Drive 20 miles east and it will probably be hot and sunny. 8)

The last 2 days have been sunny with no clouds in the sky. Tried a little crabbing yesterday with no luck. Had lots of small crabs but no keepers. Today I will try my luck at crabbing.
  We are in Garibaldi at Harborview Inn &  RV park. Parked right on the water front. Will move on to Seaside for the 4th of July weekend.

Today should be priceless on the Oregon Coast.  Offshore winds predicted for today only.  Should be 70's on the coast and mid-90's inland.

Margi

Henry Wishard said:
The last 2 days have been sunny with no clouds in the sky. Tried a little crabbing yesterday with no luck. Had lots of small crabs but no keepers. Today I will try my luck at clamming.
  We are in Garibaldi at Harborview Inn &  RV park. Parked right on the water front. Will move on to Seaside for the 4th of July weekend.

July 1st was a beautiful day. Got my limit on clams. Just one happy camper. Today I will be moving to Seaside for the 4th of July weekend.

Henry Wishard said:
  July 1st was a beautiful day. Got my limit on clams. Just one happy camper. Today I will be moving to Seaside for the 4th of July weekend.

Keep the stories coming. My folks live in Coos Bay, so I'm on the Oregon coast frequently. Sounds like you already passed the aviation museum in Tillamook. Too bad -- it's small but interesting, and all the planes there are kept in flying condition (you can tell because they are dripping oil.  :) )

Are you stopping at Fort Clatsop near Astoria?  It's historically cool. If you are into obscure movie locations, the film "Short Circuit" was shot in Astoria, and the house Ally Sheedy lived in is near the Oregon end of the Astoria bridge.

Henry we have been following your trip along the West Coast. And have really enjoyed the commits & pictures. On Monday July 7 we will be head out on our on trip to the West Coast. We will be leaving Sweeny TX. on the TX Coast so it will take a while to get to California & the West Coast. Our general rout will be along I 10 so I know its going to be hot this time of the year. Taking a whale tour out of Ventura and after a few days in the LA area we will be heading north.

Rick, we did go to the Aviation Museum in Tillamook. However not a lot of planes but they did have a good film on the surrender of Japan during World War 2. There are more RV's stored in the hanger that planes. See picture below. Also visited Munson waterfall.
  We went in towards Astoria yesterday to the Costco and I saw the sign to Fort Clatsop, might drive out to it tomorrow.

Attachments

• Tillamook 001.JPG
    Tillamook 001.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Tillamook 002.JPG
    Tillamook 002.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Tillamook 004.JPG
    Tillamook 004.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Tillamook 005.JPG
    Tillamook 005.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Tillamook 006.JPG
    Tillamook 006.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Tillamook 007.JPG
    Tillamook 007.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Tillamook 009.JPG
    Tillamook 009.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 27
  Billy Bob, you sure will enjoy the cool Pacific coast in Oregon. We were in Sacramento a few weeks back and is was already in the 100's. We are also from Texas, lived in Conroe for the past 27 years but now full timers. When coming down I-10 in Ariz.if you need a place to stay try the SKP park in Benson, Az. We stayed there last year for $50.00 for a week and full hook ups. Nice park.

Thanks I will check out that campground. Over the years we have been to Northern California & Oregon Coast several times July 2007 was the last time we were there so time to visit that area again.

This is our first trip to Oregon and Washington but not our last. We have really enjoyed the coast and the weather. I guess we are just lucky to have only 2 days rain in the past 2 months.

Henry Wishard said:
  This is our first trip to Oregon and Washington but not our last. We have really enjoyed the coast and the weather. I guess we are just lucky to have only 2 days rain in the past 2 months.

Sounds like a good trip for you so far.  Especially your 'crabbing' appears to have been good.
When will you head south?  Maybe we can meet up somewhere and listen to your exploits for a while.

Larry, not sure when I will be entering Texas but it won't be until September. I'll let you know. We visited with Deb & Randy Sherow today and will be meeting them Tuesday for lunch in Astoria, Or. How the sale of the house going?

Attachments

• Deb and Randy 001.JPG
    Deb and Randy 001.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 34
An official minirally!  Looks like those fine folks are having a good time too.

ArdraF

Life is good Ardra, and we plan to live it to it's fullest. No time for the rocking chair. Tell Jerry hello for us.

The last couple of day we have spent in Astoria and IIwaco,Wa. Visited the Columbia River Maritime Museum yesterday and today before we started our adventure had lunch with Deb and Randy. We spent the evening visiting the light houses on the coast of Washington. Cape Disappointment and the North Head lighthouse. Also visited the Interpretive center at Cape Disappointment.
  We had a great visit with Deb & Randy and enjoyed the conversation and lunch at the Bridge Water Bistro. Good food and great company.

Attachments

• Cape Disappointment 010.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 010.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Cape Disappointment 017.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 017.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Cape Disappointment 021.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 021.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Cape Disappointment 013.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 013.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Cape Disappointment 029.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 029.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Cape Disappointment 031.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 031.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Cape Disappointment 036.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 036.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Cape Disappointment 002.JPG
    Cape Disappointment 002.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 30
  Today we visited Fort Clatsop where they were having a Seaman Dog event. The dog breed was Newfoundland the same breed of dog the Meriwether Lewis took with them on the expedition to the Pacific. The dogs name was Seaman.
  We also visited the Fort Nelson State Park and saw the wreckage of The Peter Iredale. The old fort bunkers, jail and some of the foundation still stand. 

Attachments

• Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 001.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 001.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 002.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 002.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 004.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 004.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 007.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 007.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 013.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 013.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 016.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 016.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 16
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 017.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 017.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 018.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 018.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 020.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 020.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 021.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 021.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 023.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 023.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 026.JPG
    Fort Glatsop & Fort Stevens 026.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
Great pics Henry.  We arelooking forward to visiting some of those places when we head north next month.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I hope the posts will help you with your trip. We arrived in Port Angeles, Wash. today and staying about 10 mile east at Rainbow End RV Park. Staying a week and will be posting some pics of our adventure. Tune in a later date for pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom