1995 Jambo Search Propane Set Off Valve and Alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dqninh09

Hi All,

I have a 1995 Jambo Search.  The Propane Alarm is too old and always sounds the alarm when I turn it on.  With this alarm, it automatically set off the propane valve.  The new regulation does not require the valve to be set off any more.  Therefore, they don't even make the alarm of that type anymore. 

1.  Is there is place I can find/buy a new alarm?
2.  Can I simply remove the valve?  Is it easy to do so?  Can someone give me the instruction of removing the valve?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4378-001.JPG
    IMG_4378-001.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4429-001.JPG
    IMG_4429-001.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 21
The way my old alarms worked is it would alarm for about a half a nminute until propane flow was established and then silence itself.  I beleive this is normal. I would be more concerned that it is so old it can no longer detect propane.  Might try turning it on and aiming an unlit butane lighter at it and see if it goes off.

I removed mine, and the valve, and replaced it with a simple propane detector. Where the valve was located I replaced it with an Extend-a Stay adapter to run my grill off.  Worked great.

By the way, the valve you want to replace is to the right of the regulator which is under the grey plastic cover.  I removed the electrical valve, moved the regulator to the right and installed the Extend-a-Stay in the current regulator location as you do not want the Extend-a-Stay regulated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom