Need extension cord

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I just purchased a truck camper and I need a extension cord to go from the camper 7 pin round plug  to plug into my truck bumper 7 pin flat receptacle. Do they make them? It would need to be around 6' long.

http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Curt/C56080.html

Amazon has a 4 ft
http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-7-Pin-Trailer-Extension-4-Feet/dp/B0057KB0J8

Lowell,
Thanks for trying to help but that's not what I need. My truck bumper does have the 7 conductor blade type, but the slide in camper has the 7 pin conductor but they are round.

sorry, I missed that "flat part".  I don't believe I have ever seen a 7-pin flat connector.  But as Garry said, it shouldn't be too hard to make a cable that adapts to your needs.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Shouldn't be hard to make one.

Gary,
I was thinking about doing that. Do you know if the color code would be the same for the truck camper as it is for a trailer?

I believe you can buy premade 7 cond. cables with only one end molded on. Then just add the proper other end.

boatbuilder said:
I believe you can buy premade 7 cond. cables with only one end molded on. Then just add the proper other end.

I got mine from DEMCO when I got the tow bar but Roadmaster, Blue OX and others have them also.

I ended up by buying a 8' extension cable with a molded 7 pin plug and spliced it to the truck camper wiring. I cut off the camper plug. I also used a junction box which I mounted to the bottom of the camper. When I say under the camper I mean in the area that extends over the bed side rails of the truck. I also weather proofed it with silicon although I don't think it should get wet at all.

I'm doing this right now too. Camper's got a 6 pole female end and truck bumper a 7 blade female end. Bought the two male adaptors from a local RV shop for about 10 each and then they had a cable which was 7 stranded 12ga wires wrapped in a nice black rubber / plastic conduit....but for $3.5 per L.F.! So I went to a hardware store and bought 14' of 7 stranded wires and taped them all together, saved about $25. Lost the tiny screws to mate the wire to the adapter so today I'm going to buy a new one....lost $10  :mad: ;D

I think it would have been easier to just buy a 8' extension with a molded plug already on it for the truck end, then just cut the camper plug off and splice the wires from the extension to the camper wires in a junction box. My camper is for a 6 1'2' box and the 8' extension works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom