Bathroom Sink Replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campernewbie

I am wondering how difficult it would be to replace the camper bathroom sink with a regular bathroom sink, or even possibly a vessel sink. Love to hear any tips or suggestions. We have a Fleetwood Terry 24 ft camper, 1988. We are in the process of getting ready to demo it out and rehab it. Structure is sound, just very out of date!

Not hard $110 in materials...$50 to have granite cut. Top was bought at discount bldg materials place. Oh, faucet was an extra $40 on sale.

Attachments

• tmp_WP_20130603_0071105075573.jpg
    tmp_WP_20130603_0071105075573.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 91
I'm redoing a 1990 Winnebago and just finished the bathroom.
The plumbing was almost as easy as a regular house except for the tighter space in the cabinet.
I'm on a very tight budget, so I cut my own countertop and laminated it myself, got the stainless steel sink from Ebay, and reused a faucet from my Sandy damaged house.
Total cost for the countertop maybe $70 and that's only because the sink was $43
I had a regular ceramic bathroom basin sink on hand but it was slightly too big and I didn't want the expense of a brand new cabinet (I just painted the old one).

Attachments

• Rv bath sink countertop old.jpg
    Rv bath sink countertop old.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 57
  • RV bath sink countertop.jpg
    RV bath sink countertop.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64
Thanks.
I was a bit disappointed when I received the sink because the drain hole was 1 1/4" and not a more standard 1 1/2" like the ad said and I couldn't find a non-overflow 1 1/4 pop-up drain.
I just dropped the pull up that belongs on top of the faucet for the drain into the hole so it looks finished.

Not exactly the end of the world. ;)

When I get a chance I'll do a post with some of the rest of the work I've done on her.

Campernewbie, I've found that MOST of the work is very similar to a regular house, just think smaller (and lighter if/when possible if that's a concern)!  :D

Back
Top Bottom