My next musical instrument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Sitting here in my office/music room, I'm contemplating my next musical instrument purchase. In the attached picture (left-right) are:

• Yamaha accoustic guitar.
  • Kala baritone ukulele.
  • Luna concert banjo ukulele.
  • Oscar Schmidt/Washburn concert ukulele.
  • Gold Tone Cripple Creek plectrum banjo.
  • Yamaha 61-key electronic keyboard.
  • Fluke concert ukulele.
  • Kala 8-string tenor ukulele.
This doesn't include the two el cheapo Mahalo soprano ukuleles hanging on the wall behind me.

I've been wanting to upgrade my keyboard for some time, but keep procrastinating. I'm thinking I'll purchase an 88-key keyboard in the not-too-distant future, but haven't yet homed in on the brand or all the features I need. Every time I watch a pro keyboard player on TV or live, I make a note of their instrument and check it out. Roland is one of the my front runners, but they cost a whole bunch more $$$ than Yamaha.

Attachments

• Instruments.jpg
    Instruments.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm thinking I'll purchase an 88-key keyboard in the not-too-distant future ...

FWIW the original choice of a 61-key keyboard was in part dictated by wanting something that's easy to take along in the coach.

An 88 note keyboard is usually pretty redundant since most people can't hear the top and the bottom octave and there is very little music written for those two octaves since very few musical instruments or singers can go up that high or that low. I have a 76 note keyboard and one song I play goes lower than it goes so it is a simple matter to transpose the entire keyboard one octave lower. I have considered getting an 88 note keyboard just so I can play that song, but the added expense and room it would take up kills that idea.

I should have mentioned that I've seriously considered & researched a 76-key instrument, and has been one reason for my procrastination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom