RV parks having physical postal address for each full time campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rs44in

I was staying in a RV park in San Francisco. This park had physical address for each camper where snail mail was delivered.
This could also be used for postal communication by the camper.

Now I am moving to Houston Texas. Does anybody know of RV  parks around Houston which provide the facility

Thanks

Not all campgrounds will accept mail for their campers and require you to use General Delivery.  Some will accept mail and hold it at the desk to you to pick up.  Others will allow mail addressed to a site, but you still have to pick it up, sometimes in an individual box in the office.  The only parks we've been in where we had an actual address for post office use are mobile home parks with RV sites treated like mobile homes.  In those, you are assigned an official post office mailbox, but those are the exception.  Our summers are in just such a mobile home park.  It's best to call the park and ask how they handle mail for their customers.

Thanks Ned. You have clarified well.
It was a mobile home parks with RV sites where I stayed earlier.

That explains why they do.. I have been to some (Well ONE) park that had a post-office box station.. In this specific case it is a bank of outdoor post-office type mail boxes that could be used by Long term residents.. This is similar to an apartment house mail box wall but designed for outdoor use.

But I've  only seen this one place.

What I use is a 3rd party postal box... My address is in the form of 1234 street #123 (not my address but the form)
1234 Street is the store 123 is the box number..  The UPS store often is this type of store...

What's more this place is a "Store and forward" service,, I call them up in about a week and even though I'm 800 miles away, a few days later I visit General Delivery (now that I have a car) or the guard house (Before I got a car) and pick up my "Care Package"  Very good for RVers..  the boxes here are I think a couple dollars a month more than the Post office..

you can also go to the post office and see if they have any boxes.

DMV, in many states, will NOT ship to a PO box and of course anyone using UPS can not either but if you contract with one of the 3rd party stores that has an 'Agency agreement' like I do, they can also accept UPS, FED-Ex, DHL and such.

Very handy.

Back
Top Bottom