5 fifth wheeler living ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunsets67

So glad I had found this site.  My husband and I are planning on selling our home and living full-time at one camp ground here in VA, there are only a few campsites close by my husbands work.  Thats why we would need more info about fifth wheeler living..

I am coping some brands names of fifth wheels close to us,  if you can help me with some info on these, that would be great! Also, do anyone have washer/dryer in theres? If you can also give me some detail info about winter time preps, water filling(how often to refill fresh water and dump tanks)? And I have also read that different campsite are not very level, is there a trick to work around that?

NEW 2014 HEARTLAND BIG COUNTRY 3070 RE FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2015 HEARTLAND BIGHORN 3010RE FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2014 HEARTLAND ELKRIDGE 34QSRL FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2014 HEARTLAND GATEWAY 3300 ML FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2015 HEARTLAND SILVERADO 34SE FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2014 KEYSTONE RV COUGAR 327RES FIFTH WHEELS
NEW 2014 KEYSTONE RV COUGAR X-LITE 29RBS FIFTH WHEELS
New Fifth Wheel - 2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL

Thank you for reading and any info would be great!  :)

Are you planning on traveling any? If not a park model would be better insulated and cheaper. All the trailers you have listed are good solid units. You need to choose the floorplan you like the best.

Not sure we will be traveling much do to $$.  What do you mean by (If not a park model would be better insulated and cheaper.)? Still learning the talk :)

Thank you getting back to me!

A Park model is a trailer with no holding tanks, but plumbed more like a house. They are not designed to be moved much more than to the set-up site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Model

We have a 2014 Montana that we have lived in for 8 months.  (I highly recommend you look at these, too.)  Make sure you are looking at units that are built for full-timing.  Some warranties don't cover full-time living.  Since you will be living in it full-time, check the insulation values.  We had an extremely cold winter (for Arkansas) and, even in our "four season" unit, we had to stay on our toes when it came to wintering in it.

On the washer/dryer - we have a combo unit.  Works fine.  Just know you will have to do much smaller loads than in your house.  I do at least one load every day or two.  You wouldn't need to fill the water tank as long as you have a water hook-up.  If you are living in it, you definitely need full hook-ups.  Look for parks that are for long-term living.  We are in a park that has both mobile homes and RVs.  We pay a flat rate for full hook-ups and it's much cheaper than an RV park.  $345/month.  We do have to pay extra for excessive water or electricity use, but we have only had to pay a couple extra dollars for water at this point.  We also have to mow our little lot.  It takes about 10 minutes.

I can tell you - I haven't missed my 2200 sq. ft. house for a single minute.  Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom