Gate Guard Positions in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdbass

My boss is looking for gate guard couples to start immediately (A RV IS REQUIRED FOR THIS WORK). We have worked for him for almost three years and can attest that he keeps you working and takes care of his guards. If you are tired of making sub minimum wage as a workamper and want to make big money doing something different please call Justin ASAP at 512 825 7567. Justin will help you get licensed (costs about $55 per person). While these positions require you to be parked at the job site and that someone be present at all times, they also are monetarily rewarding ($150-175 a day per couple). Work a couple of months and take a vacation or stay at it a while and stash the cash! Your site is provided along with water and a generator for electricity-so no living expenses. Call now if interested. I am a long time forum member, so feel free to PM me for info.

I just called and was advised to go to http://oilgates.com/employment-application I believe I may have caught the gentlemen at a very bad time.  He was very polite and apologized gave me this website and advised me to fill out the applications.  I sure hope we hear something.  Very new to this type of thing and very hopeful.  Good Luck All and thanks for the post.

175/day per couple is 3.64/hr each. 

I realize that in a 24 hour period you would not be working every hour, but you are required to be thre every hour, so in effect it is 3.64.

Each person does not work 24 hours a day, each person works 12 hours a day and only one person must be there at any given time, so the actual pay rate per hour works out to $7.29 per hour since both do not have to work the full 24 hours.  Plus, there are no fees to pay for hookups (water, sewer, electricity) which would average about $20 a day minimum, and that makes the pay rate $8.12 per hour.  Still not a great hourly rate, but for workcamping it's not bad pay either.  Probably not for everyone, but could be a way to work part of the year while on the road and actually make some money instead of just getting a free place to park for your work.

Dan

Not bad considering, but I think $20 a day is not that usual, here it used to be $5 a day average, but the association has cut the site fee and absorbed the electric charge.  So it is now less than $4 a day.  I used the $3.64 because while only 1 has to be 'on-duty', both are really mostly there. 

As you said, not for everyone.  One of the couples working for me will do it this winter on a one time shot.  Their plan is to save enough for a motorhome at the end.  I sure can't match the rates paid in money.  I have to make it up in environment.  Probably a decent way if you wanted to work all year essentially would be to work the gate for the winter, then do NP's in a job like mine for the summer.  Rough numbers, 38k a year with a month off to play.  Then add in SS.  Still better than sitting on a porch someplace paying property taxes.

All in all, I like that we as RVerrs have so many options open to us.

Well, I was using the $20 average rate for camping fees in most state parks here in Texas.  Actually, if you stayed in private parks the rate is somewhat more than that.  Like you said, it's probably more suited for someone who is trying to accumulate some money rather than just working for a free campsite at a nice campground in a scenic location.  Of course I would prefer to work in Yellowstone myself, but some may like working the gate guard job part of the year so they will have more money to travel the other part.  Like you said, either one is better than sitting on the porch someplace and paying property taxes.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom