Anyone live or stayed in Virginia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunsets67

I am checking to see if anyone has taken there fifth wheeler or to location close to Manassas or?  We would like to see what others have to say.

We have family across the river from Yorktown and spend a couple weeks parked in their yard every year. What sort of questions do you have? Just looking for a a campground recommendation near Manassas, or maybe something abut Virginia laws, or ?

There are quite a few campgrounds in the general area, both private and the Prince William National Forest Oak Ridge Park. You might also stay further away, over by the Blue Ridge Parkway where it is less crowded - it's an easy drive to Manassas via I66.

Gary RV Roamer said:
We have family across the river from Yorktown and spend a couple weeks parked in their yard every year. What sort of questions do you have? Just looking for a a campground recommendation near Manassas, or maybe something abut Virginia laws, or ?

There are quite a few campgrounds in the general area, both private and the Prince William National Forest Oak Ridge Park. You might also stay further away, over by the Blue Ridge Parkway where it is less crowded - it's an easy drive to Manassas via I66.

Thanks for advice, I have been doing a lot of calling around, timing will be everything for us to find a campground. I guess that would be my worry :)

Not sure what "timing" you mean. Time of year? Time of day? Have you been unable to get a reservation at the time you want?

Bull Run Regional Park is close by, as is the Prince William Forest Park with two campgrounds.

If yopu could say a bit more about what you are seeking, maybe someone could advise. What sort of RV park are you looking for? Something quiet, or maybe something with pool and entertainment for kids?  Electric and water vs dry camping? 50A FHU?

Try Greenville family campground, off Sudley Rd. and 15.  Bull Run is on Sudley Rd. and Lee Hwy. if I remember sits about a 15 min drive from park to campground.

Thanks for all your info!

Just checking if anyone has stayed at the places you mention. As for timing, we still need to sell our home and hoping when we do one of those camp site will be available. We would like to stay in a more quiet place but the camp sites that might have that are over a hour way or more for my husband to driv to work everyday.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Not sure what "timing" you mean. Time of year? Time of day? Have you been unable to get a reservation at the time you want?

Bull Run Regional Park is close by, as is the Prince William Forest Park with two campgrounds.

If yopu could say a bit more about what you are seeking, maybe someone could advise. What sort of RV park are you looking for? Something quiet, or maybe something with pool and entertainment for kids?  Electric and water vs dry camping? 50A FHU?

Thanks for replying back!
We would need full hookups and we dont have kids. I have checked out the campgrounds you mention, we just need to check them out in person. Just wondering if anyone from rvforum.net has been to any of them.

I've stayed at the Prince William RV park. It's run by another company not the park service. The sites were on top of each other and small. I'm 35'. I've also stayed at Pohick Bay in Lorton. Probably 45 minutes to Manassas and depending on the time of day 20 minutes to DC. Great place to stay but a bit pricey, full hookups for county residents around $46. All sites are wooded and not on top of each other.

TheNewhalls said:
I've stayed at the Prince William RV park. It's run by another company not the park service. The sites were on top of each other and small. I'm 35'. I've also stayed at Pohick Bay in Lorton. Probably 45 minutes to Manassas and depending on the time of day 20 minutes to DC. Great place to stay but a bit pricey, full hookups for county residents around $46. All sites are wooded and not on top of each other.

Thank you for your info! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom