Hello from Tacoma Washington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob123

Dear RV Forum members,
I am a brand new member tonight, seeking some advice on truck campers.
Basically, I am looking for something very simple to maintain and at low cost, as I basically just like to travel for one or two nights to places within a few hundred miles of my home, mostly in dry weather.
I attended the Tacoma RV Show this evening (four day run this week) and came to the conclusion that a used camper for my 1994 Toyota SR-5 Pickup should fit the bill for now.
I was able to talk with a representative at the show who was selling Six Pack campers, and he recommended the T-100S model for around $8-10K, depeding on the features.
I then found a 1998 model basically the same camper for $1,700 on Craig's list in a town about 140 miles from me.(Portland Oregon)
Bottom line, what do I need to know to make the right decision before I go running off and buying something that might not be suitable for my truck ? Are there reliable Mobile RV dealers around that will travel a reasonable distance from their headquarters to where the camper is being sold to give someone like me who knows nothing about them an honest inspection? I am mostly concerned about the camper not leaking and having it ride smoothly on my truck and making sure it is the right camper (not too heavy) for my truck.
Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bob from Tacoma

Hi Bob and welcome.

I do not know much about truck campers.  What I have normally seen in truck campers are ones that fit into 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, not ones that fit into Toyota SR-5's.  I think they would be too heavy or tall for your smaller truck.  A possible good fit would be a pop-up camper.  The worst thing to do would be to overload your truck causing excessive wear and tear or more important safety issues due to stability.  Go to the appropriate forum section (Towing, Truck Campers) and ask your questions there.  You will get in contact with the right people.

I am sorry and can't help more than that.  Good luck in your search for the best RV to fit your needs.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. I am sure you will get the nswers to your questiojns. Thanks for joining us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom