Looking for golf advice from avid golfers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redlabel

I am looking for any advice or tips on ways to keep the price per round down for avid golfers.

I am planning to start fulltime RV living this fall. I am an avid golfer and play 4 - 6 times per week. I can start in Alabama and purchase an annual pass for $1500.00 per year for the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail This will enable me to play 20+ courses at 10 sites around the state for 12 months. I will probably be there December until mid-May and then head to the Minneapolis area where 2 of my 3 adult children and twin 4 year old grandsons live. So I should be able to play 100+ rounds and have the cost per round be less than $15.00 per round.

My question is what to do the next year? What do others do to keep the cost down per round? Are there any places that offer shorter term memberships? The second year I think I will be playing a little less golf and exploring the areas I visit with my Goldwing. Probably starting to visit Civil War battle sites and areas of interest.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

My suggestion would be to move to Florida. We have about a zillion golf courses down here. I don't know what they cost, but you would save money on driving. 8)

A lot of different regions have annual golf passes that offer rounds at a decent cost. If in a new area check it out at the different pro shops. I carry my clubs with me when traveling but don't stay in one area long enough normally to take advantage of the annual passes plus I normally play the different military golf courses.

Hi Just a comment, my folks use to have the Golf Card they would use while traveling to get discounts on various golf courses while traveling in their RV. A course has to be a participant in order to get a discount. Not making any claims pro or con. You can sort it out by looking what they have to offer these days. Good luck.

https://golfcard.com/

I don't play the same courses enough to buy season passes but usually can find deals on Golfnow.com.

Jeff said:
I don't play the same courses enough to buy season passes but usually can find deals on Golfnow.com.

Golfnow looks interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I think I will plan on the season pass in the warm months up north when I am back near my children and grandchildren and concentrate on
sightseeing when I am more mobile in the winter.

Golfdeals can be found on golfnow.com and also golf18.com. Alabama is a great state for golf. Besides the RTJ trail, several state parks have courses as well as municipal parks such as the one in Decatur. Tennessee has several state parks with great golf courses and so does Georgia. All are reasonably priced. In the south, generally you will find empty courses and lower fees if you play afternoons in the summer. Just drink plenty of water.

just don't try finding cheap golf in palmsprings in the winter.Its brutal out here especially January through may
there are like 225 golf course,s and their all  high in price.If u see whats perceived as a deal its because its either
late in the day(wont get in 18 holes)  or its a crappy course

You can buy Golf Card International and can usually get half price on courses or just pay for carts. They have courses all over the US.
You don't mention your age so I don't know if you are a senior or not. You also don't mention if you walk or ride when you golf.
We usually pay during the week and check out price differences between morning and twilight rates and always ask if they offer a senior discount.  You can also check out the websites of different courses as some offer specials.  Also sign up for internet pricing specials at different courses. The only thing I don't like about golfnow.com is that you cannot get your money back if you need to cancel for whatever reason.
I know that Louisianan has a list of courses on their golf trail and while is was about 5 years ago, we loved the Tennessee golf trail. 
Basically I just locate the closest courses to where we are traveling and call for pricing.  We try to play 3 times a week, 52 weeks a year and we do pretty darned good.  Let us know how you make out. Hugs, Di

and
redlabel said:
I am looking for any advice or tips on ways to keep the price per round down for avid golfers.

I am planning to start fulltime RV living this fall. I am an avid golfer and play 4 - 6 times per week. I can start in Alabama and purchase an annual pass for $1500.00 per year for the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail This will enable me to play 20+ courses at 10 sites around the state for 12 months. I will probably be there December until mid-May and then head to the Minneapolis area where 2 of my 3 adult children and twin 4 year old grandsons live. So I should be able to play 100+ rounds and have the cost per round be less than $15.00 per round.

My question is what to do the next year? What do others do to keep the cost down per round? Are there any places that offer shorter term memberships? The second year I think I will be playing a little less golf and exploring the areas I visit with my Goldwing. Probably starting to visit Civil War battle sites and areas of interest.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Check into the military golf courses. Most are open to the public, however most people don't know this. Most rounds cheaper and there is no tax on any money spent. To get in any gate have to be ready to show ID (drivers license) Vehicles regrastrition, Insurance. If they even ask. Call the course ahead of time incase there is a tournament going on. They are also open to the public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom