Average cost for fifth wheel insurance annually?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunsets67

My husband and I are planning to sell our home and buy a new fifth wheel hopefully by the end of this year 2014.

If you can give me a sample cost that you pay and what we might need to add for ins, also  what other warranties we should buy? 

We plan on staying at one spot for awhile, do to my husband still works.

Thanks!

Insurance rates vary so widely based on your home location, personal record, and types of coverage desired that there probably is no meaningful "average"  or "typical".

Your first step is to determine what coverage(s) you need. Is it just collision and comprehensive damage to the RV itself? Extra coverages for personal property and accessories? If you sell your home, you will probably be giving up the liability coverage built into most home owner policies, so you may want to add liability to the trailer policy (sometimes called "campground liability"), but a better option might be an "umbrella" liability policy to cover the two of you whether the event is RV-related or not.  And since you won't have home-owner coverage for your clothing, electronics and sports gear, you will probably wont several thousand dollars (or more) in coverage for personal property losses. All this costs money, of course, so budget vs risk protection is a consideration too.

Back
Top Bottom