moving floor heaters/blowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdat

I have a 91 Newel bus with above floor ducts for heating under the couch and the dinette. How difficult is it normally to try to relocate that type of heating in order to remove the couch and dinette?  Realize every bus is different but would I be better off converting to electric individual heaters or can these be converted to floor type ducts?

thanks
John

What type of heating? Ducted hot air from a furnace, or aquahot/hydrohot (hot water heating)?  I would suspect the latter in a Newell, and that typically means re-routing the heated water lines. The outlets are actually heat exchangers, blowing local air over a hot surface to provide heating. Maybe not all that difficult if you can get at them and do the plumbing needed to reroute lines.

i have a 1964 MCI-5. Conversion completed (can that ever be)  it appears that the original underfloor radiator is still in place and assume operable.
is it possible or feasible to install a wabasto or the like directly into that system without a major undertaking??

if anyone knows a MCI expert that would know about the original factory heating system and how it works i would appreciate a name and number.
1964 MCI-5  GM 6-92
thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom