88 fleetwood with major water damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campernewbie

thought it was kicked in paneling. 2x4 section of complete rot, support braces in back corner crumbled in our hand. Involves wall, ceiling and floor. Improper installed awning is cause. Any suggestions on how to place braces back in, cut out rot to good wood

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 86
we already cut the rot out, trying to figure how to put back together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 50
Hello,

You might consider cutting out the rotted sections back to good wood. Then install a new horizontal piece
under the old one. Then fill in where the rotted section was removed.  I would screw the new piece from the bottom up to tie the new wood to the existing piece. Hope this helps.

Happy camping , Tom

The back brace that runs in the corner from ceiling to floor is gone. Suggestions on how to secure it? Should be glue it. Dont really see anything to screw it into with out causing a possible leak again.

You might be able to toe nail it to the top horizontal pieces and the floor. I like to pre drill a hole the use screws. I fine it a lot easier than trying to nail it. Also if I screw up or change the way I'm doing it It's easier to take apart. Once the corner piece is in the other horizontal pieces could be attached to it. Hope this makes sense.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom