"Young" aged RV club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevalier.andrew

I inquired about this a few weeks ago and have done some digging and cant seem to find any of such. There seems to be RV clubs to fit almost every category (snow birds, regional, type of camper, lifestyle, etc.) however, I cant seem to find any groups that are focused towards young crowds (nothing against older folks!) however being 26 and having a TT, I dont seem to fit in all the time at different types of RV club events. Wondering if there is a younger crowd (under 35?) that would have interest in starting up a club perhaps through GS? Not sure if this is a far fetched idea, but would be neat to have events with younger crowds like myself.

Maybe we could start such a group here on The RV Forum  ???

All of us were 26 at some time or another. We seem to have an influx of younger RVers the last few years.

There is such a club, and they are active in Massachusetts. Check out Family Campers & RVers (FCRV.org). We have close to 800 people headed to Vermont in July for a rally.

We can start (almost) whatever there's a demand for.

35 or younger?"............... :'( .............. That means I'm..................... Old?

I'm 50, but started RVing in my 20's.  Back then, when I told people what we liked to do, we got odd stares from time to time.  Nowadays, I see every age range enjoying RVing. 

New sub-forum? 

And then I suppose the Octogenarians will want their own special niche too. Shouldn't we divide out those of us who are retired from those still working? Since I have a motorhome can't we divide out those trailer people?

I want to request a Beaver brand, tag axle, retired, west coast, married couple, dog lover section. It annoys me to not see only posts directed at my specific demographic because I'm special.........

What are we coming to? The Winnebagos want their special section, the 30 year olds want their section, and so on. What happened to wanting to learn a little bit from everyone? What special wisdom will we get from dividing instead of uniting? I'm here on this forum because there is a variety of people, types of RV's and experience.

I already try to ignore the Winnebago specific section because of the mindset that a Winnie owner has some special problem that none of the rest of us would understand. For example there is currently a thread about no hot water in the shower from their AquaHot. Is the AH unit Winnie specific? No. Is the Pex tubing made special for Winnie? No. Is the faucett a Winnie only item? No. Is their water somehow special Winnie water? No. So what in the world makes it "Winnebago Specific" problem? (I mean no disrespect for the poster of that item. I just use it as an example of the way people get led into thinking that a Winnie owner should post his/her problem in the Winnie section) Wouldn't a post in the MH section that says I have a Winnie and my problem is....... include more people and make everyone a problem solver?

Tom, I want to start a group for only people over 50. Nothing against the youngsters but I'm 56, retired and have a 43' motorhome. I don't always fit in with the younger crowd so I want to exclude them from the things I do......... Sounds pretty elitist when put on the other foot doesn't it?

Ken

chevalier.andrew said:
Not sure if this is a far fetched idea, but would be neat to have events with younger crowds like myself.

Well I for one think that it is a perfectly reasonable request and you are definitely not the first to mention it. Every specific interest group had to be started by someone, so why not that someone be you? Tom made a generous suggestion to put one here but if that doesn't pan out I am sure you could find people to help you start something up somewhere/how. Good luck and enjoy! ;D

If any of you special interest groups want to get Tom's attention, a sizable donation toward the operating costs of this forum may help.

Donations are always welcome, and help keep the lights on, but have never been a prerequisite here.

Used to be a time when almost all my co-workers were much older than me; They always referred to me as "young Tom". One day I realized I hadn't been called that in a long time; I looked around, and realized I was the old guy in the room  :(

Tom said:
Used to be a time when almost all my co-workers were much older than me; They always referred to me as "young Tom". One day I realized I hadn't been called that in a long time; I looked around, and realized I was the old guy in the room  :(

I can relate to that, I was always "the kid" in the circles I ran around in, now not so much... :-\

Aye John. When my oldest son started calling me "the old man", I told him "you're only 20 years behind me". When his son started calling him "the old man", he told him "you're only 20 years behind me"  ;D

One day you wake up and realize that you are now the older generation of the family.

I've found that most of the forum events we've attended are divided 70-80% retired (older) and the balance younger and still working. Employment is probably a more reasonable distinction than age. Obviously, that results in some difference in interest, but there is a lot in common as well. We all get along and participate in the same things.

A real distinction does exist between the above and families with small (pre-teen) children.  I'm sure there are a lot of us who have grandchildren or even youngsters ourselves, but I've not seen much evidence of it at get togethers or on line. Perhaps we're just a bunch of fogies?

Ernie

Young or old,, I beileve I have seen a younger campers group somewhere.. Do not know where. but I seem to recall.

I was thinking on things motral the other day... Realized my dad died when my Daughter was 15, I remember this because my LT took her from the funeral reception back to Livonia for Driver's ed  (IN a marked State Police Patrol car). 

Mother, died like 13 months earlier, so she'd have been 64.

I AM 63

I'm about to become a grandfather.. Plan on sticking around hopefully till Driver's ed at least. (longer if possible).

Of course I just had someone tell me I looked 50 a couple weeks ago (Ah but alas she is already married).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom