"Young" aged RV club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At 53 I am the youngest in my RV club (East Mountain Sun Chasers) and almost the oldest in my Jeep club (New Mexico Jeep Group). 

soon 35M and 29f 

so we are out there and full timing ..  just not as many to start a good club i guess

I'm ok with the Beaver club but I'm 58 so the young club won't have me and I have young kids so the old folks like me don't want me.  Oh what am I going to do?

I'm 28 with a new 2014 TT in Detroit.  PM me if you'd like to work on something.  I work in web hosting/IT and can provide any technological needs.

cpuwhiz22 said:
I'm 28 with a new 2014 TT in Detroit.  PM me if you'd like to work on something.  I work in web hosting/IT and can provide any technological needs.

We are both cut from the same cloth.  ;)

Back to the thread...
Personally I don't have a problem with older generations. But there seems to be a difference though. Most older generations tend to be full timing in RV parks where younger generations tend to go out RV'ing. I'm looking for the folks that actually hitch up and go out for the weekend (or week) actually boondocking without hook ups. But that's me.

I'm 42 and I don't care what age group I meet up with. I spend lots of time with teenage girls being that I'm a high school varsity girls basketball coach, then I spend lots of time with close friends in town around our age and we meet many older when out camping and we seem to have a great time no matter what the age around us is. I personally believe this RV forum is terrific and fits everyone in the RV world or wanting to enter the RV world. It provides a wealth of knowledge from the more veteran RV folks which I have personnal learned so much from and everyone here are very friendly and willing to help out.

Mopar1973Man said:
I'm 43 years old and still think I'm 25 year old. But I tend to think differently than most here...  :p

GoOd Grapes man you are old.  I'm 72 and still think I'm 19.  That is until I try to bowl or play baseball or softball again.  Then all of my joints tense up and scream "ACT YOUR AGE DUMMY"

Mopar1973Man said:
We are both cut from the same cloth.  ;)

Back to the thread...
Personally I don't have a problem with older generations. But there seems to be a difference though. Most older generations tend to be full timing in RV parks where younger generations tend to go out RV'ing. I'm looking for the folks that actually hitch up and go out for the weekend (or week) actually boondocking without hook ups. But that's me.
I like to semi boondock it.  I use the MH as a base camp for our Jeep adventures.  Most in my RV club just like to sit back and relax on our weekend outings.  We go a day ahead of everyone so we can go out and explore in the Jeep, do some fishing or just checkout the sights.  I keep trying to get some of the group to take a long cross country trip over a 10-14 day trip and go to like Branson or something.  So far no takers.  Same issues, money and time.  WhenI retire again I want to do the Alaska trip again.  It was great the first time.

I wonder how much the bad economy has divided people. I wonder if, as it improves, there will be a broader cross section into RV'ing with more people representing all groups.

Most older generations tend to be full timing in RV parks where younger generations tend to go out RV'ing.

NOT!  We've been RVing since 1972 and we're not fulltimers but we sure put a lot of miles on our motorhomes!  We've been to Alaska twice, Newfoundland twice, Mexico can't count, Maritimes can't count, and around the U.S. many times.  It's all in the mind.  Some people (young and old alike) believe going to a campground and sitting around for a few days is RVing.  Others think it's getting out on the road and seeing the country.  I don't think you can paint anyone by their age or the way they RV.  By the way, the youngest person we've ever had at one of our RV Forum rallies was a delightful little boy of six.  We all enjoyed him.  My advice is to just get out there and do your thing and you will find like-minded people - it's just that they might not be the same age as you.  So what!?!

ArdraF

Myself I can get the funds together to take the RV out not a problem. But as for camping in RV parks or campgrounds that just eats up the funds way to fast. So I would say that's a reason I tend to be a boondocker for the most part. Limited funds and got all this wonderful forest around me why camp out in a RV park with neighbors less than 10 feet away? I can go out to the woods and make home anywhere I park the RV and not have a neighbor for miles. Still all I need to do it fuel money and food money that's it. Everything else is basically packed in the RV ready to go.

If gas was at $2.90 or less we would have it out twice a month or take longer distance trips.  That is why my RV group keeps to 200 miles of Albuquerque.  That and half of us are still working.

bucks2 said:
And then I suppose the Octogenarians will want their own special niche too. Shouldn't we divide out those of us who are retired from those still working? Since I have a motorhome can't we divide out those trailer people?

I want to request a Beaver brand, tag axle, retired, west coast, married couple, dog lover section. It annoys me to not see only posts directed at my specific demographic because I'm special.........

What are we coming to? The Winnebagos want their special section, the 30 year olds want their section, and so on. What happened to wanting to learn a little bit from everyone? What special wisdom will we get from dividing instead of uniting? I'm here on this forum because there is a variety of people, types of RV's and experience.

I already try to ignore the Winnebago specific section because of the mindset that a Winnie owner has some special problem that none of the rest of us would understand. For example there is currently a thread about no hot water in the shower from their AquaHot. Is the AH unit Winnie specific? No. Is the Pex tubing made special for Winnie? No. Is the faucett a Winnie only item? No. Is their water somehow special Winnie water? No. So what in the world makes it "Winnebago Specific" problem? (I mean no disrespect for the poster of that item. I just use it as an example of the way people get led into thinking that a Winnie owner should post his/her problem in the Winnie section) Wouldn't a post in the MH section that says I have a Winnie and my problem is....... include more people and make everyone a problem solver?

Tom, I want to start a group for only people over 50. Nothing against the youngsters but I'm 56, retired and have a 43' motorhome. I don't always fit in with the younger crowd so I want to exclude them from the things I do......... Sounds pretty elitist when put on the other foot doesn't it?

Ken
Epic rant. Congrats.  :D

bucks2 said:
And then I suppose the Octogenarians will want their own special niche too. Shouldn't we divide out those of us who are retired from those still working? Since I have a motorhome can't we divide out those trailer people?

I want to request a Beaver brand, tag axle, retired, west coast, married couple, dog lover section. It annoys me to not see only posts directed at my specific demographic because I'm special.........

What are we coming to? The Winnebagos want their special section, the 30 year olds want their section, and so on. What happened to wanting to learn a little bit from everyone? What special wisdom will we get from dividing instead of uniting? I'm here on this forum because there is a variety of people, types of RV's and experience.

I already try to ignore the Winnebago specific section because of the mindset that a Winnie owner has some special problem that none of the rest of us would understand. For example there is currently a thread about no hot water in the shower from their AquaHot. Is the AH unit Winnie specific? No. Is the Pex tubing made special for Winnie? No. Is the faucett a Winnie only item? No. Is their water somehow special Winnie water? No. So what in the world makes it "Winnebago Specific" problem? (I mean no disrespect for the poster of that item. I just use it as an example of the way people get led into thinking that a Winnie owner should post his/her problem in the Winnie section) Wouldn't a post in the MH section that says I have a Winnie and my problem is....... include more people and make everyone a problem solver?

Tom, I want to start a group for only people over 50. Nothing against the youngsters but I'm 56, retired and have a 43' motorhome. I don't always fit in with the younger crowd so I want to exclude them from the things I do......... Sounds pretty elitist when put on the other foot doesn't it?

Ken
Wow, and all the OP was looking for was a camping group in his age braket, not a special page on the forum.  Sounds like someone needs an adult beverage and or a padded room.  The word of the day "Melow....Melow...Melow" ;D

kenb1023 said:
Wow, and all the OP was looking for was a camping group in his age braket, not a special page on the forum.  Sounds like someone needs an adult beverage and or a padded room.  The word of the day "Melow....Melow...Melow" ;D

Some of us jokingly suggested a special place here for the whippersnappers.....and someone went into full meltdown mode.  :)

Frizlefrak said:
Some of us jokingly suggested a special place here for the whippersnappers.....and someone went into full meltdown mode.  :)
Life is to short to get that bent out of shape. 

Strong opinions are not always related to anger or lack of control. Attacks on a persons mental ability just might reflect more on that person, than the one he's attacking. ("or a padded room."  "went into full meltdown mode")

I guess I'm not as fashionable as some though. What's "melow"?

Ken

Back
Top Bottom