Prodigy P2 vs P3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poncho62

I have always seen recommendations for the  Prodigy P2 on various boards. I see there is a P3 now also......Any advantages/differances to this P3 model?

Do these Prodigy models hook up the same as the time based controllers?...Want to upgrade

I think this will answer your question.

http://www.etrailer.com/question-38922.html

Short answer: Not much. The P3 is a newer version of the same thing,with a nicer display and controls.

P2 is a fairly simple brake controller and does a really good job of handling both my trailers.  8)

I can't speak for the P3 I've never owned one yet.

I love my P-3, easy to setup and use.  Love the trouble shooting feature. :)

When I purchased my P2 a few years ago, my understanding of the difference between the P2 & P3 was tha same as what Gary responded with and in the link he provided.  I purchased the P2 with to save the dollars and have been very happy wit it.  Easy to set-up and use.

I bought the p3 because all the controls minus the brake bar are on the front of the unit,not the sides. in my application I needed that.

I purchased the P3 for the current readout.  That way a broken wire/wires can be detected.

I check the current before each trip with manual lever.  It should always be about the same.  If it is not then there is probably a problem.

Thanks everyone....Guess I will order the P3 soon.

Now, will someone explain to me what the difference is between electric bakes and electric over hydraulic?....I have the electric brakes on my trailer, with the magnets inside.......

simple answer, electric use's magnets to pull in the shoes, electric over hydraulic use's electric to run a cylinder(like a master cylinder) that works the shoes or pads, which ever you have. the later is more like what you have on your car or truck. you can get shoes or disc brakes. I have the electric over hydraulic disc brakes on my 32' load trail. may not stop on a dime, but will throw you thru the window of the truck when they are applied full on. I love them.

Back
Top Bottom