Roadschooling Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHeartRVLife

Hi! I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if this is the right section or not to post this. My husband, and I and our 3 children have just started full-timing 3 months ago. Being new, I am so glad I have found this forum. Unfortunately, I do not see a section for homeschooling on the road. Does anyone know of another forum just for roadschoolers? Or is there a way to add a section for that hear?

Thanks!

If there was sufficient interest, we could open a 'Homeschooling' message board. Meanwhile, use the Search button in the menu above to find a number of prior discussions on the subject.

I'm a teacher and tutor who is just about to begin full-timing with my TT. I'm hoping to use the internet to support students I know and to perhaps do what I can to support homeschoolers remotely. I'd certainly be interested in knowing what you might learn about road-schooling. How old are your children?

I'm hoping to use the internet to support students I know and to perhaps do what I can to support homeschoolers remotely.

Daryl, that's an interesting twist on the "normal" homeschooling discussion we get here. I sincerely hope you're successful in that endeavor. Please let us know how things go.

@IHeartRVLife

If you would like some assistance home-schooling your 9 and 14 yo, I'd love to give some virtual internet tutoring a try. My specialty is mathematics. You can find me on Facebook under my name, Daryl Watton. Look for the clean-faced professor in the purple mortar-board cap.

Try k-12.com. I have homeschooled my soon to be 8th grader since 6th grade thru them.  Everything is free, books and all. And then you would have to be wherever you claim as home base in the spring for state testing.
Schooling via living life is, in my opinion, way better than brick and mortar ways!!

There is a roadschooling page on Facebook that me be just what you are looking for. Here is their link https://www.facebook.com/RoadschoolingFamilies

Interested and following. We are looking at FTing starting in a few months, and there is an absolute scarcity of information about road schooling. I have kids currently (today) in 1st, 3rd and 4th grades, and I have been seeking references as well. Full Time Families is okay, but you have to pay to play there. The Roadschooling site on FB seems to get very little posting, in the week or so that I've been watching, and is not much different from other home school sites, mostly focused on curriculum finds (which are good, don't get me wrong), but I feel like there should be some place that has a great deal of information, places to go, things to see, how to incorporate the lessons to the locale... Those are the things I'm going to be seeking out. Hopefully there is something like that out there, but right now I haven't found it!

I notice a lot of people that are in to RVing tend to be very independent minded. So I think a lot of people would like ronpaulcurriculum.com or libertyclassroom.com. Both have excellent free classes that are taught by top scholars and Ph.d.s etc.

Back
Top Bottom