Build sheet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IslandGuy

My 2015 Adventurer 32H is scheduled to be ready to be picked up in a week, July 3rd. I have the WGO serial number and took a look at the build sheet....to my surprise (?) the build sheet shows a 45 amp converter was installed though the WGO specs show a 55 amp converter...called the sales guy and he was completely clueless...so is WGO not installing what they advertise on their web site?
If you want to know what parts are in your WGO MH take a look here....you'll need your WGO serial number. You may be surprised...

http://dealer.winnebagoind.com/unitsearch/parts.htm

Edit by staff: message icon changed to Topic Solved

Almost always in brochures and product descriptions manufacturers have words to the effect that specifications are subject to change, so this might have been a situation where they made a change after the brochure was produced.  I'll see what I can find out.

And somewhere in the fine print it will say that the manufacturer has the right to change specs without notice.

In some cases the component used may depend on the specific RV configuration, e.g. the larger converter comes with a larger battery bank option or something like that. However, it is equally possible they simply ran short of 55 amp converters that day and substituted a 45A model used on a different model RV. RV manufacturers are prone to that sort of thing rather than delaying production.

Gary RV Roamer said:
And somewhere in the fine print it will say that the manufacturer has the right to change specs without notice.

In some cases the component used may depend on the specific RV configuration, e.g. the larger converter comes with a larger battery bank option or something like that. However, it is equally possible they simply ran short of 55 amp converters that day and substituted a 45A model used on a different model RV. RV manufacturers are prone to that sort of thing rather than delaying production.

Understand how that can happen...but they should be able to install a 55 amp converter once the coach is delivered...they probably think most people would not know or care about it....picked the wrong guy.

A friend of mine bought a new Beaver coach in 2002 and the advertised 10 gallon water heater turned out to be 6 gallon when delivered. He argued for weeks that he would not have bought the unit if it was 6 gallon only - the 10 gallon was on their "must have" list. Beaver finally agreed to replace it if he brought the coach to the factory for service, so that's what he did.
they probably think most people would not know or care about it...

I suspect you are right. And so are they...

At this point don't even know what converter/charger is in the coach...more than likely a single stage which I would change out eventually any way...the sales person had no idea what a build sheet was. All he said is that the spec says 55amp and that is what you got...unbelievable!

IslandGuy said:
...more than likely a single stage which I would change out eventually any way...the sales person had no idea what a build sheet was.
That's something I was going to mention, you should replace it if it's not a 3-stage charger and sell it on eBay.  I think our Horizon was a month or two old when I replaced the Dimensions inverter/charger with a Xantrex RS2000.

Salesman walks into the boss's office and asks "what are we selling today..?"

You may be better off with the 45 amp. Winnebago was using a Schumacher SARVC55 55 amp converter and then seemed to switch to the Progressive Dynamics PD9245-C which is a better converter.

John Hilley said:
You may be better off with the 45 amp. Winnebago was using a Schumacher SARVC55 55 amp converter and then seemed to switch to the Progressive Dynamics PD9245-C which is a better converter.

I would agree with you most definitely but no way to tell from my build sheet who the manufacturer is. Will just have to wait until it gets here unless someone knows how to find out who the manufacturer is from the part number:

CONVERTER - 45 AMP - ELECTRONIC
184353-01-000
EA

Heard from my contact.  It's a publication error, if you look on the drawings, they specify a 45 amp charger, also the 2014 Adventurers and Suncruisers also use the 45 amp charger.  Engineering just notified their publication people to correct the oversight.

John Canfield said:
Heard from my contact.  It's a publication error, if you look on the drawings, they specify a 45 amp charger, also the 2014 Adventurers and Suncruisers also use the 45 amp charger.  Engineering just notified their publication people to correct the oversight.

Ha! I spoke to WGO a few minutes ago and the advisor told me the 45amp is a Progressive dynamics 3 stage charger...so that is good news. The 55amp, which I found on a build sheet for a 2014 Adventurer which was built on 6/27/13 shows a 55 amp converter which according to the Svc Advisor was a Schumacher...so all in all I am happier with a 45amp Progrressive vs a Schumacher 55amp...
Thanks all for hanging in there with me...
Thanks to John for pinging his contact!

John Canfield said:

Took a look at the WGO web site for the Adventurer and NOW they show 45amp converter for the 32H and the 35P and 55amp for 37F and 38Q....so case closed! ;)

Back
Top Bottom