JAYCO EAGLE 8 POP UP WITH DEXTER EZLUBE AXEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

just jim

OK , LET'S SEE MY POPUP HAS A DEXTER AXEL AND WHILE INSPECTING AND GREASING THE BEARINGS ,I NOTICED A THREADED HOLE IN THE END OF THE SPINDLE , USING GOOGLE , I LEARNED THIS WAS DEXTER AXEL'S VERSION OF "BREARING BUDDY" , BUT LOOKS LIKE A BETTER DEAL TO ME . anyway , MY QUESTION IS , DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS TYPE AXEL AND HAVE YOU USED IT , DOES IT WORK WELL ?

HERE ISA YOUTUBE MOVIE SHOWING IT    = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzW1kK8oWkc

btw , MY POPUP IS A 1996 JAYCO EAGLE 8 , SORRY , STILL TRYING TO CATCH ON TO THIS .

I have the Dexter Axles with the zerk fitting on the end of the spindle. I repacked my bearings last September by hand then filled the void with a grease gun. This September, I'm only going to add grease through that fitting. Next year, I'll pull the wheels apart again and check the brakes and repack the bearings. So every 2 years, I'll tear things apart to check everything and every other year, I'll just use a grease gun and add grease.

Thanks , I was just wondering how well it worked , I guess it does just fine otherwise they wouln' have done it for all those years .....JIm

Back
Top Bottom