Fall Colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

One of the pictures I took today as Tarry and I rode the PA backroads enjoying the fall colors.  Peak color will be in a couple of days and it is just beautiful.

Attachments

• PA060179 (Medium).JPG
    PA060179 (Medium).JPG
    95 KB · Views: 105
I love the foreground and background look used
Nice picture

I took a photo from behind some shrubs similar and loved the way it came out.

Attachments

• lr.jpg
    lr.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 74
Jim - loved the picture.  Thanks, but it made me homesick. :'(  We really do have magnificent fall foliage colors in the east.  We are working our way back to Virginia (after being gone for almost a year, mostly touring the west).  We are so looking forward to seeing the fall foliage!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Too bad my huband cannot enjoy fall colors..... he is color blind and cannot see the different colors.

ColleenFL

Fall color is about it's peak here in S.E. Michigan just now.. In fact it's on the downside due to a heavy rain we had last week. but still very brillant.  Was fun driving home yesterday

Jim Johnson said:
One of the pictures I took today as Tarry and I rode the PA backroads enjoying the fall colors.? Peak color will be in a couple of days and it is just beautiful.

Great shot, Jim . . . shots like that cause me to miss my Ol Kentucky Home. :)

I like the way you framed the foreground -- but left it darker and out of focus, drawing the eye to the center. Digitals today default to a wide range of focus and exposure points for an average -- whereas this is an example of the need to have more of a center weighted exposure -- and perhaps manual focus.

Thanks for posting.

I too like the shot, Jim, but my suggestions run a bit different to Bob B's.

1.  I'd open up the shadowed foreground just a smidge.
2.  I'd boost the red and yellow saturation (of the back ground) just a smidge.
3.  I'd darken the sky--but it's so blown out it may not darken properly, in which case I'd look to import some blue sky with a cloud or two.

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
I too like the shot, Jim, but my suggestions run a bit different to Bob B's.

Sorry if my comments read as suggestions on Jim's photo vs. general comments on a framed shot w/a digital, Doug ??? -- I was mainly just commenting on how well the shot turned out, plus wanted to thank Jim for posting.

Bob and DougJ

You both got it all wrong.  I am not a photographer - - -I take pictures.  What you see is what you get.  But I have an idea.  Both of you modify the picture as you see fit and we will all so which one is our choice.  Deal??

Jim Johnson said:
Bob and DougJ

You both got it all wrong.? I am not a photographer - - -I take pictures.? What you see is what you get.? But I have an idea.? Both of you modify the picture as you see fit and we will all so which one is our choice.? Deal??

Good Morning, Jim:

Was hoping my post to Doug explained my intent -- which was "not" to make suggestions on your photo. Sorry again if that was read wrong in my original post . . .  :(

DougJ said:
1.  I'd open up the shadowed foreground just a smidge.
2.  I'd boost the red and yellow saturation (of the back ground) just a smidge.
3.  I'd darken the sky--but it's so blown out it may not darken properly, in which case I'd look to import some blue sky with a cloud or two.

Tried #1 and #2. #3 doesn't look good - I worked a little bit sloppy

Attachments

• PA060179-(Medium).jpg
    PA060179-(Medium).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 41
Jim:

See what happens when these guys start spending big $$$ on new cameras. ;D ;D ;D

Mike, Bob, and especially Jim,

I sense that I have inadvertently caused offence by making suggestions for post-processing of Jim's image.  If my sense is correct, please accept my apologies for I had, and have, no wish to cause offence. 

Ciao,

Doug

Mike (ex-f-221) said:
Tried #1 and #2. #3 doesn't look good - I worked a little bit sloppy

I, for one, enjoyed seeing a blue sky.  My Alaska photos rarely saw such a sky color.  I won't import blue skies and white puffy clouds in any of my photos  but I am impressed to see that it can be done. Thanks for  making those changes visible to us. The miracle of technology!

One day I hope to see Fall colors  in person too.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
I won't import blue skies and white puffy clouds in any of my photos  but I am impressed to see that it can be done.
Betty
The original is always better and every step of processing lowers the quality of the picture. What I did with the sky was just a kind of test or trial. Dough is right: The sky cannot be darkened. If you do you only get two pixeled blue spots. When I tried another way it looks like an eclipse of the sun. So I borrowed a piece of Black Forest Sky

Betty Brewer said:
One day I hope to see Fall colors  in person too.
Betty
Me too! Hope the day will come...
Many US-, MEX- and CAN-travelogues I've read shows pictures. What a wonderful world! Would like to start today to see all that. Takes a lot of time, but as I see, the Diversity Visa Lottery 2008 has already started... ;D

I am impressed to see that it can be done. Thanks for  making those changes visible to us.

Bob and DougJ

My feelings exactly.  I took it as another lesson on something I know nothing about.  Certainly no offense :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom