Anyone refinish, or paint dinette table? What product?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you paint your table top you might want too consider going over the new paint with a clear sealer.
Make sure the paint is completely dry. I have a construction back ground and we found out that even the best latex paint does not hold up well in hard or on often used areas. Banister railing and newel posts were the worst. What work best for us was to coat the new paint with a water based clear, non yellowing floor finish. Three coats. The best test I have is a banister newel post finial. The post is in the kitchen, the stairs leading to the family room. Before using the floor finish over the paint we were lucky to get 6 months out of the paint job. Its been over three years now and the finial still looks like it's just been painted. No discoloration and no tacky unclean able paint.

Hope this helps, Tom

if your table is Formica
I have used this product.
http://www.daichcoatings.com/spreadstone_countertop_kit.html
it works great if done to the directions.

Painted mine.
Sanded off the gloss and sprayed it.
Then used the same brand of Clear and built
up a clear topcoat.

Scratches in the clear are easily repaired by
respraying clear.

No problems in the year and a half since I
painted.

Rustoleum makes a special coating to change the color of formica. I bought it at Home Depot and did counter top and table and it came out great,

we replaced it with a desk top from ikea (cut to size) cheap solution and fits our interior better.

Attachments

• 140708_2.JPG
    140708_2.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom