Just returned...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
From our 2 week 3,200 mile motorcycle trip.
Had to change to plan B several times. Was planning on visiting Glacier NP but they got 3 feet of snow and closed the place down.
Went through North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and we always stay a few days in the Black Hills before returning home. So nice to sit outside the tent in the evening without mosquitos!
Got 4 pages of posts to catch up on.

Bob
Sounds like a fun time. I love that area of the country, too. We are headed that way this fall. Up through the UP then Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado,Utah, Arizona then home to Michigan.

Could have been worse.. My last week in South Carolina, my Barber took a Motorcycle ride, only about 200 miles round trip, but it was a bit warmer in SC than where you are.. How much warmer you ask?

Well his leather jacket had a bunch of iron on patches for this that or the other thing when he left Fairplay, Including one very large one on the back.. That one.. He still has..  The rest.... Melted off.

Melted patches! wow.. That's severe.
Fortunately cooler temperatures prevailed for most of our trip.
I wear full protection (both pants and jacket) and full helmet as a compromise to the queen who hates motorcycles.
Hot temps can be very uncomfortable.

Sounds like you had a great trip Bob! We arrived at Glacier on Tuesday the 22nd of June. We are just leaving the area (Kalispell) today because we hung around an extra 4 days waiting for the rain to stop. We saw East Glacier with great views and sunshine. When we moved to the west side on the 25th, the rain began. Plus, on the east side, we were only allowed to go in to the park for 13 miles due to that 3 foot snowfall. It caused massive slides in the high elevations and there was a 70 foot drift across Going to the Sun Highway...that's FEET...not inches. We took the drive to the west side the day before yesterday, and were only allowed to drive in 16 miles as crews were still working on the road. A ranger told us the road might be open by the 4th of July. There were pictures in the local paper. Incredible!

Glacier is a beautiful place! Hope you get to go again sometime, Bob.

Stan

Glad you got up there Stan!
We were in Glacier in 2013. Just beautuiful.
Here's a picture of our campsite from that trip.

Attachments

• P8150009.jpg
    P8150009.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 30
Sounds like an awesome trip.  If Eric and I had meet in our mid 50's  we might have tried a similar trip but Eric sold his Gold Wing just before we got married.  Another reason not to wait to start doing the things you dream about.

Back
Top Bottom