2005 40' Allegro Bus Leveling Jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
However, the concept of intentional "leaning" jack came as a total surprise.

To me as well. I've seen jacks mounted at a slight angle but wasn't aware of any straight-acting jack that had a pivoting mount.  But I've pretty much learned to never say "never" or "always" about anything in an RV.  :D

The front jacks on my 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J are on pivots.

Oscar Mike said:
The front jacks on my 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J are on pivots.
John, can you explain in more detail what you mean by pivot, and maybe provide a photo?

Just Lou said:
John, can you explain in more detail what you mean by pivot, and maybe provide a photo?

I already explained 3 times and this guy(OP) confirmed it also. Next time u see a diesel pusher with Hwh  jacks(99%) look at them

Gary RV Roamer said:
To me as well. I've seen jacks mounted at a slight angle but wasn't aware of any straight-acting jack that had a pivoting mount.  But I've pretty much learned to never say "never" or "always" about anything in an RV.  :D

The mount does not pivot.The jack cylinder does.its pivot system is near the bottom. it sits outwards about 10 degrees or so.If u push on it it goes to vertical but its spring loaded so it goes back to a slight lean outwards when u let off.

buchanan said:
I already explained 3 times and this guy(OP) confirmed it also. Next time u see a diesel pusher with Hwh  jacks(99%) look at them

We have HWH jacks and the only thing that pivots on them is the foot.  The cylinders are very firmly attached to the frame mount and do not move other than up and down.  The rear jacks are canted outward slightly, but are also rigidly secured to the frame.

Ned said:
We have HWH jacks and the only thing that pivots on them is the foot.  The cylinders are very firmly attached to the frame mount and do not move other than up and down.  The rear jacks are canted outward slightly, but are also rigidly secured to the frame.

could be but on the newer big diesel units they work as several of us have described. don't remember what the old units like your do.There designs change over the years as all stuff does. the pivot foot is a 360 balljoint type deal.The vertical to outward to vertical  only pivot we are talking is totally different

Since there are probably many more of the older style HWH systems in use, I don't understand how you arrive at your 99% figure for the pivoting jacks.  And not all HWH jacks offered today pivot, I would expect those to be in the minority.

Ned said:
Since there are probably many more of the older style HWH systems in use, I don't understand how you arrive at your 99% figure for the pivoting jacks.  And not all HWH jacks offered today pivot, I would expect those to be in the minority.
sorry I was referring to modern era like say 04-05 and up type deal and referring to larger diesel pushers as this was what the op has and was referring to along with me. again I emphasize their not pivoting in the same sence the foot pivots

buchanan said:
I would still like to see a photo and an explanation from John, if you don't mind!

I did inspect my two front jacks and both a capable of pivoting what looks to be about 7? outward

what part of this does anyone not understand? (what OP posted)

Just Lou said:
I would still like to see a photo and an explanation from John, if you don't mind!

Lou, see this page and run the demonstration for any of the jacks to see what is being discussed.  These are new to me too.

Just Lou said:

I'll try to get a photo tomorrow morning, but it's like 110 outside right now and I don't have shade for my MH.

Oscar Mike said:
I'll try to get a photo tomorrow morning, but it's like 110 outside right now and I don't have shade for my MH.
Thanks John, stay in the shade, I think I have the concept now. :)

buchanan said:
Next time u see a diesel pusher with Hwh  jacks(99%) look at them

Sorry this is just not correct.
Not only are there several hydraulic systems used on mid to high end coaches, but a lot offer/use Air Leveling (even Tiffin has finally put air leveling on the Allegro Bus with a dual system like what Monaco has used).

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Sorry this is just not correct.
Not only are there several hydraulic systems used on mid to high end coaches, but a lot offer/use Air Leveling (even Tiffin has finally put air leveling on the Allegro Bus with a dual system like what Monaco has used).

ken

I was referring to  BRAND 

buchanan said:
I was referring to  BRAND
It's been my experience that Power gear is just as popular as HWH.

They did take a big PR hit with those awful electric jacks a few years ago.

Many new 5th wheels and class A's have a 5 degree angle built into the jack mounts so they actually push up and against each other, this is widely used on crane trucks and drilling rigs so they don't rock when extended .

Back
Top Bottom