Olympic Peninsula Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Expect to arrive on the peninsula in late July.  Any information related to photography of the area would be appreciated.  Plan to spend several weeks out there. 

If you care to join me, just send me an email and we'll figure out how to get together.

Probably spend all the time on the West and North side of peninsula, especially in the rain forest.  I love waterfalls and coastal scenes.

Ron, if Conestoga Quarters can take you, they are a nice quiet park that's reasonable and accepts pets.

http://conestogaquartersrvpark.com/Home_Page.php

Betty and her late husband Bill owned it for 13 years and moved back to Holbrook and family as he entered into Alzheimers. Bill died two months after Bev.

If you're wanting to shoot the Petrified Forrest, Painted Desert and Homolovi as well as the Hopi and Din? sites around here, do look me/us up! Or if just rolling through. . . :)

We are considering that area for the first two weeks of August. Would be great to meet up for a coffee. ;D

Bring lots of film.  :)  If you don't mind dry camping, the Hoh Rainforest campground in the Olympic National Forest is a beautiful place.  Elk wander through early morning and late evening.  You can toss a rock in the roudy Hoh River from the campground...literally and there is trout fishing if you are so inclined.  Nice clean sites, just no services except clean restrooms and fresh water.  The campground is 18 miles off Hwy 101 with some impressive spruce along the way.

Tom:  Can I get a 40' coach up to that campground?

Bob:  Thanks for the info.  I'll check the campground out.  At this point, I don't know what route we are taking, so don't know if I will get close or not.

RoyM said:
We are considering that area for the first two weeks of August. Would be great to meet up for a coffee. ;D

Roy:  We can stay in touch if we have cell service in the area.  When I have my route set, I'll post it.

Ron from Big D said:
Tom:  Can I get a 40' coach up to that campground?
The road there would be fine, nothing difficult that I recall.  The camp sites are small, for the most part, but there are several that should handle you.  My DW is handicapped so we can use handicapped sites and the one(s) there were pull-through.  All-in-all, I'd think you could find a spot, but if you have a toad, I'd recommend a reconnoiter first.  If you don't find a spot, at least you'll have a nice drive.

Here's some photos I took while we were at Hoh Rainforest campground.  Maybe they will help you.  The last one is on the road, not in the campground.

Attachments

• 2014_07_01_09_05_05s.jpg
    2014_07_01_09_05_05s.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 37
  • 2014_07_01_09_14_30s.jpg
    2014_07_01_09_14_30s.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2014_07_01_09_16_51s.jpg
    2014_07_01_09_16_51s.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 2014_07_01_09_23_53s.jpg
    2014_07_01_09_23_53s.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 37
  • 2014_07_01_12_11_40s.jpg
    2014_07_01_12_11_40s.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
Make sure you take at least a day trip up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park. We were there last summer and it is beautiful.......Alan

Looks like the trip is off.  Had a battery blow up in the engine compartment causing a fire.  Still waiting on insurance company to clear it for repairs.  We might get in a short trip in the time left.

Ron, I'm glad you and Shirley weren't halfway there!

If you do get limited time: Go base in Chama, do Ghost Ranch, Christ in the Desert, both Railroads, Pagosa Springs, Wolf Creek Pass, Wendy & Mikes. Enjoy the cool. . .

Ron, can you tell us how it happened?  Were you driving at the time or parked?  Come to think of it, where are you?  We're sorry it happened but glad you both appear to be safe.

ArdraF and JerryF

Back
Top Bottom