Won't make it to GNR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afchap

We won't be making it to GNR. Our youngest son, 35, died in a swimming accident yesterday. We are headed East to Alabama rather than North to Iowa ...and broke down in Mississippi with rear bags flat. Hope to find a mobile tech who can help tomorrow.

Paul,
Sadness and shock!  Sending well wishes for a speedy fix to rig so can be where you need to be.  My sympathies!

That is horrible news Paul. Our deepest sympathies to you and your family.

I've been in shock all day. Our sincere condolences.

Tom & Chris Jones

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ...did not mean to hijack the thread. Got the rig fixed quickly this morning. Mobile tech from B&C Truck and Trailer Repair found bracket that supports the rear height linkage broken in two and dangling. He removed and welded it and had us on the road in two hours. Son was a police detective Lt swimming with 12yr old neice and friend on the Alabama coast. Waves suddenly increased, he pushed neice to the friend and said, "Get her out of here." When they looked back for him he was gone. Lifeguards got him out, but he lost consciousness and went into cardiac arrest on the Life Flight enroute to hospital. Live your life to the fullest. Follow your calling, and be the best you can be, for the glory of God. Ya'll enjoy the fellowship with one another at GNR.

No worry about "hijacking" the topic.

Please remember that you have many supporters here. Few of us can fully appreciate what you're currently going through.

That is such sad news.  Thank you for extending such good advice to the rest of us in your time of greatest sorrow.  Our sincere condolences to you and your family.

ArdraF and JerryF

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Paul, my deepest sympathy for you and your Family. So very sorry for your loss.

-Russ

Paul, we are so very sorry to hear about your son. I wish there were words we could use that would help you get through this. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Kev

We live in Mobile Al & heard about your son's tragedy. As we are near If you need transportation around the area send me a Pm Art

Paul, after a week or so away, I just dropped in on this forum, and read of this terrible tragedy. I am in shock. My wife and I sit here with tears in our eyes, and heavy hearts. Our prayers for you and all your family.

Paul,

I don't know you other than reading some of your posts on this forum, but your post about losing your youngest son prompted me to let you know how very sorry and sad I am to hear this news.  I have 4 sons that are 30 to 40 years old and I can't imagine the pain you are going through with this loss.  My wife and I want to send to you our sympathy and most of all our prayers for you and your whole family.  May God bless you and keep you and comfort you in this time of sadness and loss.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom