Help! LCI auto leveler error message "low voltage" partially level at campsite..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doubravsky

I pulled up to a campsite that was a bit of a slope downward towards the back. Started the auto leveler system.. and it lowered the rear jacks ... started to give the "unable to level" message, and then a "low voltage" message.

So now I'm stuck not level... and not sure how to fix the error message.

When I pulled up and started the auto level... I was running the generator/ and the AC.

Turned off AC... waited 10 minutes... no change. Plugged into shore power.... no change.

Would the auto leveler be hooked to the coach batteries or the engine battery? Did running the auto level with the AC on cause it?

Will the error message reset itself or is there something I can do to reset it?

Would it be hooked to house or chassis,,, alas the answer is yes.

Try starting the main engine wait a couple mintues then fast idle and see if it works.  FAST IDLE is important.

Beyond that, no suggestions other than clean all connections.

Not familiar with your rig or the LCI leveler system. I do know most leveler systems get very unhappy when anything interrupts their normal cycle. First I would suggest turning on the system and try and do a complete retract of all jacks and let the system shut of by itself without touching anything. If that works, then go ahead and deploy the auto leveler again with all else off.
If nothing will work with the error message then you will probably have to unhook battery power for a few minutes to let it reset then try again. A call to the mfr or looking in your manual might provide some help also. Good luck.

Thanks Mavarick,

Unfortunately it won't retract at all.... tried unhooking. no manual was provided for levelers (just bought rig two weeks ago- maiden voyage). Got ahold of an after hours tech who belives it is a "high amp breaker" that needs to be reset, but he can't find it and I can't find it (2015 model he doesn't have specs for).... so we'll see tomorrow......

Dave, push the "Enter" button on the control panel, then release. If the "Low Voltage" error message returns, the error is still present (or at least the system still thinks it is). If the error message is gone when you let up, try retracting the jacks and starting over again. If that doesn't help, call Lippert (the manufacturer of your jacks) at (866) 524-7821.

Kev

In a 2015 model the leveling system will be connected to the chassis batteries, per current RVIA standards. Start the engine to provide additional power to the jacks. Most newer coaches include the instruction to always have the engine running when leveling.

Not real up on your system but almost sounds like the controller in it is locked up. The controller is just a small computer and when they lock up you reboot. If the other things suggested do not work maybe removing power at the fuse box to the controller will reset it. I had to do that once with mine when it had the same message Low voltage error.

Thanks all.... I tried the enter button with no change, and even popped the panel off and disconnected and reconnected the controller, error message returned so I assume the problem is still present.

Gary- the system requires that the engine be running and parking brake engaged to turn on.... so it's been running each time. Now that it is Monday morning I'll try both the Lippert and Thor service folks....

Sounds like a poor connection on the power feed to the levelers, then. Or a bad circuit board in it. It still wouldn't hurt to verify the chassis (engine) battery voltage though. Bad batteries are not unknown, even when brand new. A battery with a bad cell will get a severe voltage drop under heavy load like the leveler motor.

Success!

Got through to a Thor service tech and they had me test power at the solenoid on the leveler motor- no power at all. From there they had me locate a high amp breaker under the coach south of the motor by about 4 feet. Once I reset the breaker, it went back to normal and I was able to retract the jacks and auto level. Thanks to all for all of your help! It's great to have a forum like this to get help for a newbie!

dave

I guess zero volts  meets the definition of "low voltage"!  ;)

Glad to hear it was a simple fix, but too bad Thor did not see fit to mention in your owner manuals that there is a circuit breaker (or fuse) that you might need to know about some day.

Dave I have the same coach and problem. Can you be more specific of where the breaker is? Thanks!!!

Absolutely. the breaker is under the coach, directly behing the outside storage area that is just north of the entry door, and just south of the access to the leveler motor.

If you crawl under the coach in that spot... just behind the storage compartment, you'll see it. If you have trouble finding it I would be happy to take a pic of it after work....

Thanks Dave, I found mine in the upper forward corner of the coach battery compartment (under entry stairs) and all is well now. I had previously called my dealer tech and explained this post info and he was clueless about the breaker saying it had to be a battery issue.

So thanks for this post!!! saved me from cracking hydraulic lines to get the jacks up since the rear jacks would not retract manually as desribed in the manual.

You're very welcome! Glad I could help. We had it happen a couple of times during our trip... so we have an appt. with dealer tech next week to look at it.

inscop- you are right for sure! I put the contact info in my phone, and on paper in the coach.... 

Back
Top Bottom