Fresh Water Leak when the kitchen slide is retracted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimboAZ

My 2010 Journey 40L has a phantom water leak dripping from the top of the holding tanks when the kitchen slide is in.  When the slide is out, there is no leak.  I first noticed it when the water pump would run in short cycles and when the slide was moved out, it stopped.  The water is dripping from the top of the black water tank and I can't imagine why a water line would be there and what affect the slide would have on it.  Has anyone else ever had a similar problem?

If there is a sink/water connection in the slide, it could well be a flexible pipe that has sprung a leak or is pinching when the slide is in. It may still be leaking when out but the water may not accumulate enough to notice.

Stu mentions a possibility, the other thing you can do is have a look at your plumbing diagrams - maybe you can get an idea of a leak possibility.

I don't have the plumbing diagram for this rig and I'm not sure any one could make a sketch of this mess of water lines.  We are on vacation right now so I don't have time to work on it.  I think the post about a flexible line to get water into the slide for the kitchen sink is probably the answer but I haven't been able to find it. So when we stop, the first thing we do is put the slide out and then turn the water pump on.  Cheating but it works for now!

JimboAZ said:
I don't have the plumbing diagram for this rig and I'm not sure any one could make a sketch of this mess of water lines. ..
Your plumbing, wiring, parts, etc are all available on-line at Winnebago - look in the Winnebago and Chassis resources post at the top of this board for links.

Back
Top Bottom