Travel Apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lb0456

Does anyone know of an app where you can put in your destination and it will give you points of interest/things to do/see along the way?

If you are a Good Sam Club member you can login to your account at http://www.goodsamclub.com and select "Plan a Trip" then "Trip Planner". We are using it for our Oregon vacation next week and it will show you everything you are asking plus some. I found another one just the other day that was very similar but I don't remember where I saw it.

Thanks.  I will check it out. Where in Oregon? We've been doing the coast all summer

We will be staying in Winchester Bay 24th-28th then heading to Grants Pass to visit a friend for a few days. The rest of our trip is up in the air, just e way we like it. ;D

Just FYI, Campfire RV, there is a lot to see and do. You could check out Hells Gate jet boat ride. Lots of fun in GP. Crater Lake is absolutely beautiful and not too far from Medford. Gold Beach has Jerry's jet boats, like the one in Grants Pass. If you get to Brookings check out Fely's at the harbor. Best burgers ever and huge. I could go on and on. If you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy

lb0456 said:
Just FYI, Campfire RV, there is a lot to see and do. You could check out Hells Gate jet boat ride. Lots of fun in GP. Crater Lake is absolutely beautiful and not too far from Medford. Gold Beach has Jerry's jet boats, like the one in Grants Pass. If you get to Brookings check out Fely's at the harbor. Best burgers ever and huge. I could go on and on. If you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy

We already have the Hells Gate jet boat ride on our agenda of things to do while in GP, our friend told us all about it. I've seen the photos of Crater Lake and I can't wait to see it for myself. Thanks for the additional information as we are writing down places we want to stop and visit while there. I can't wait to get out of here and escape our heat here and relax with the family.

The further you go toward brookings and gold beach the cooler you'll be. We were at my daughter's in crescent city and it was in the 60s

60's sounds so much better than 84 @ 5:30am and 110 @ 3pm. We will drive through Brookings on the way north. We will be hitting the coast in Eureka, CA on the 101 and try to camp somewhere around Klamath for a day or two while we stop and visit the Trees of Mystery. We are leaving home on the 18th and just take our time getting to Winchester Bay by the 24th. We just plan on enjoying the drive, view and any other interesting places that happen to appear along the way.

Shortly past GP is Cave Junction. There is a place there called Great Cats of the World I think. If you like animals it is awesome. We've been 3 times. Especially cool at feeding time.

Campfire RV said:
60's sounds so much better than 84 @ 5:30am and 110 @ 3pm. We will drive through Brookings on the way north. We will be hitting the coast in Eureka, CA on the 101 and try to camp somewhere around Klamath for a day or two while we stop and visit the Trees of Mystery. We are leaving home on the 18th and just take our time getting to Winchester Bay by the 24th. We just plan on enjoying the drive, view and any other interesting places that happen to appear along the way.

We stayed at http://klamathriverrv.com/ when we in the area a couple of months ago.  Great campground, all grass and right on the river.

Not A Clue said:
We stayed at http://klamathriverrv.com/ when we in the area a couple of months ago.  Great campground, all grass and right on the river.

We were looking at the Klamath River RV Park. I like the idea of being on the river so I could easily put my fishing kayak in the water and get some fishing in and close enough to Trees of Mystery at the same time. We only plan to stay there about two days before heading up Winchester Bay.

lb0456 said:
A little expensive but looks beautiful.

My wife & I always set aside plenty of money throughout the year for our one big long trip of the year so the price isn't a big factor for us on these trips. Most of our other trips we will stick to National Parks, State Parks and cheap campgrounds just to get away from home and relax.

Campfire RV said:
We were looking at the Klamath River RV Park. I like the idea of being on the river so I could easily put my fishing kayak in the water and get some fishing in and close enough to Trees of Mystery at the same time. We only plan to stay there about two days before heading up Winchester Bay.

You check out my blog in my signature for some pictures of our trip.

Not A Clue said:
You check out my blog in my signature for some pictures of our trip.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Our trip will be taking us through most of the places you showed on your blog. I don't think we will be seeing any snow on this trip except maybe on the tips of some of the high mountains. Your photos make me want to stop working now and pack up and leave this afternoon. We spent some time at Burney Falls a couple years ago and absolutely loved it.

a coworker just told me about a site roadtrippers.com
I have taken a peek, but have yet to fully explore it so i can't say how good it is.....

Back
Top Bottom