2015 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park -Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
This Topic is for posting about the the 2015 New Years Rally.
For information about the rally please see this TOPIC in the top of this section.

I am going to try separating the Announcement which will have the current list of Attendees from the reply/active thread topic.
We'll see how this works.

ken

Jeff & Sue, Jerry & Ardra, Chet & Laurie,

I glad to see you are all coming. I know at least 5 others have already made reservations - just waiting for their sites and dates.

ken

Hi Guys:
We have also made reservations.  We will arrive on 12/26 and depart on 1/3/2015.  We will be in space B32.
Ray and Liza

John and Susan Beard have reservations from 12/26/2014-1/2/2015, we're traveling right now so I can't get to our site number.

We are in Site B28.

John and Susan,
Tom and Carolyn,

Welcome to the New Years Group!
As couple of New Years Rally newbies, just a reminder that this is informal rally. Events will be planned by the group at Happy Hour. I guess a lot of folks like the area and the loose rally concept, because they keep coming back.

See you in December.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
John and Susan,
Tom and Carolyn,

As couple of New Years Rally newbies, just a reminder that this is informal rally. Events will be planned by the group at Happy Hour. I guess a lot of folks like the area and the loose rally concept, because they keep coming back.

See you in December.

ken

Thanks!

Ken & Sheila said:
John and Susan,
Tom and Carolyn,

See you in December.

ken

Thanks Ken!  Catalina has been a regular stop for the past several years, and now that we're full timing it just worked out we'll be there at the right time.

appsol said:
Thanks Ken!  Catalina has been a regular stop for the past several years, and now that we're full timing it just worked out we'll be there at the right time.

Look forward to meeting you.
We've been going to Catalina SP long before we started this rally (this will be the 8th year). The first few years we went to Catalina SP there was only CG "A". By itself not suitable for a rally.
The only downside to Catalina SP for a rally is the lack of a facility for group meetings. Depending on the weather that can be a challenge, but somehow it always works out.

ken

don10autos said:
All right you folks--sounds interesting--but where in the world is Catalina State park??  I am in North Carolina!

Catalina State Park sits at the base of the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains. The park is a haven for desert plants and wildlife and nearly 5,000 saguaros. The 5,500 acres of foothills, canyons and streams invites camping, picnicking and bird watching ? more than 150 species of birds call the park home. The park provides miles of equestrian, birding, hiking, and biking trails which wind through the park and into the Coronado National Forest at elevations near 3,000 feet. The park is located within minutes of the Tucson metropolitan area.

Park facilities include a campground, picnic tables, grills, trails, an equestrian center, a group use area for day or overnight use (available by reservation), restrooms, showers, and a gift shop. All restroom and shower facilities are accessible. The park also offers an equestrian center which provides a staging area for trail riders with ample trailer parking

Taken from Catalina State Park Web Site

I wonder if these are the people who keep sending unsolicited texts to my phone with "Catalina" in the title?

If so, stop.

The one that's "26 miles across the sea" is Santa Catlina Island; Well worth a visit, but tough to get there by RV  ;D

You're welcome!  Since we've hung up our keys, we're only there in spirit every year with this wonderful, friendly group. 

Terry and Betty  will be in th same sit as last year but I can't recall what it is  B something.  We  will arrive  12/27 and depart 1/2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom