2015 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park -Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    All right, in 2010 we went to Quartzsite and were hit with a micro-burst, with heavy winds and torrential rain.  So, now we've book flights west and plan on dropping by Q again, that's 3 weeks from today, and I see those dirty rotten pictures posted.  You all tell me how great the south west is, but it is hard to agree with 79 to 85 degree weather here in Florida, I don't know what we were thinking going out there, heck we could have stayed in NS where there isn't any snow either.
    I just couldn't resist, just light the fires so that it warms up by the time we get there.  ;)

Ed

My goodness what a fun night and, being from San Diego, we almost never see snow so we thought it was pretty neat. It was also a very educational evening. I learned from Jeff that you can tow your car while it's still in Park, and it won't get damaged and Ilearned from Henry that a five gallon bucket won't hold 50 gallons of gray water. OMG, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. RV stories are the best.

Cyndi Jo and I would like to add our sincerest thanks to our hosts. Last night was a lot of fun!

Kev

HELLO 2015!  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

After a fun evening celebrating with our framily we returned to our motorhome with a lot of snow still falling.  We decided it was too good to pass up, so put on our boots and warm clothes to go for a walk.  What fun!  We greeted 2015 at midnight Arizona time while walking in the snow.  Quite a different start to our New Year.  It's now mid-day of January 1st and there's still quite a bit of the white stuff on the ground.

We wish all our friends a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2015.

ArdraF and JerryF

Attachments

• Snow on Trees-1 (Medium).JPG
    Snow on Trees-1 (Medium).JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Snow on Catalina Mtns (Medium).jpg
    Snow on Catalina Mtns (Medium).jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Romero Ruin Trail-1 (Medium).JPG
    Romero Ruin Trail-1 (Medium).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Romero Ruin Trail-1A (Small).JPG
    Romero Ruin Trail-1A (Small).JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Romero Ruin Trail-5 (Medium).JPG
    Romero Ruin Trail-5 (Medium).JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Romero Ruin Trail-3 (Medium).JPG
    Romero Ruin Trail-3 (Medium).JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 32
Ok  on January  2, 2015 we will try for THE HIKE we usually do  on Jan 1.  Meet at the Kiosk at the trailhead at  11am to do the  fun scenic hike.  It should be warmer by then.

Betty

We'll see you at 11:00!!  If anyone needs a ride, let us know.

ArdraF

Ardra, Betty and company, do not, under any circumstances, bring any of that snow to Q.

Gary, I promise I won't bring any but I can't vouch for the others!  ;D ;)

ArdraF

A few of us bundled up this morning to brave the cold  temperatures and go "on a Hike."  After the first steep hill climb  we were warmed up and the hike was a delight.  I wanted to get a group shot but alas the group is like herding cats.  So you will have to do with  a few candid shots.
First off I've included  one of the missing New Year's eve  photos of Barb and Frank. I was also able to capture Richard and Linda ( in focus) as the did their  daily hike around the park!  Good job you two!

The rest of the shots are self explanatory but I would like to  point out how helpful a first time RVForum rally attendee was....Kevin assisted Kim  over a rocky spot where balance was needed.  Just ask Terry  who dunked his foot in the icy river first thing this trip.  Cell service was good on the hike as Terry got a  call from his mother and he walked her through the steps of fixing the batteries in her phone answering  machine while we enjoyed the scenery and snow capped mountains.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.JPG
    IMG_2560.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 44
You know it's cold when Terry Brewer shoes up in gloves, long pants and tennies.  Brrrrr.

Laurie & I along  with Paul & Ann left the group and took a drive to the Kitt Peak Observatory today. We arrived at 10:30A, just in time to miss the first of 3 tours they offer each day of selected telescopes. We did take the remaining two tours and are now kicking ourselves for not leaving at 08:00 instead of 09:00 to make the first tour of the day also.

The tours we did take were incredibly informative and interesting. If you haven't ever been up to Kitt Peak, it should be a must visit when in Tucson. This is a full day trip and all three tours are worth doing. You have to take your lunch. There is no concessions at the peak.

BTW The yellow sign is for 10 miles of 8% downhill as you leave.

Attachments

• Kitt Peak-1.jpg
    Kitt Peak-1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Chet for the update.  Taking  lunch is  something I almost always do. While we've been to Kitt Peak, I will put it on the list again. But that 8 am departure !!!! ewwwwwww.

While Betty was taking pictures of the group, I was looking in the opposite direction at the mountains which looked quite pretty at the time.  The clouds moved back in and there's fresh snow up there now.

ArdraF

Attachments

• Canyon Loop Trail (Medium).JPG
    Canyon Loop Trail (Medium).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 41
Betty, I love it!  It's an amazing little device.  ;)

ArdraF

Thanks to all who came. Hope you had a good time despite the cold weather the last few days.
Again a special thanks to our co-hosts for New Years Eve, Henry & Margaret and Larry & Loretta and to Betty for her contribution to the evening.

Please all travel safe and see you soon.

ken

And thank you, Ken and Sheila, for organizing it all.  Too bad you can't control the weather!!  :eek:  Oh well, moving the chicken dinner up a day was perfect.  It probably was the nicest day of the whole week.  Safe travels.

ArdraF

Glad to see everyone had a great time.  I think this has to have been the worst weather for any of the New's Parties since 199?...when we were first celebrating them together at Brenda.  But good troupers all for hanging in there and enjoying it anyway.  Thanks for the pictures and all the old memories they conjured up.  Happy New Years everyone.  May all your travels in the coming months be worry free and perfect weather.

Daisy 

The last of the party animals enjoying some really good Mexican Food
at Mi Tierra in Oro Valley AZ.  The sea bass was awesome.  They have
a great dish called "Senor Larry's Special".  It was very good also. . . .

Attachments

• 1922382_10205225442813283_8696000218280065067_n.jpg
    1922382_10205225442813283_8696000218280065067_n.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom