2015 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park -Reply Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be there in spirit, we really enjoyed our one and only visit there, the 08 into 09 episode.  We will go outside to raise a toast, then run right back in, vuz foreacast will be in the below's. 

We watch together/apart the NYC midnight.  Enjoy!  one year, maybe not too far distant we will be snowbirds again.

We are settled in in site 27 As most of you know Margaret can still chew her fingernails. I had to unhook the sewer hose this morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Hurry up Larry and Len we are going bowling tomorrow evening. $1.75 longnecks and $7.00 to bowl.

Sunday Dec 28th

Happy Hour at 3PM

Then we are going out to dinner - restaurant TBD

At 7PM some of us are going bowling at the Fiesta Lanes, 501 W River Rd.
    $7.00 cover charge for admission. With admission the bowling and shoe rental are free, but even if you just want to watch it will cost $7.00. Sheila says the $7.00 admission will be worth the price of the entertainment

Other information:

With the weather forecast we have decided that the quasi potluck will be on Tuesday Dec 30. Like last year we will order fried chicken from Fry's. Everyone will bring a side or dessert.

Some folks will be going to the movies on some days (particularly the raining days predicted)

Theaters:
Century Theatres at Oro Valley Marketplace (across the road from the CG). Schedule here

AMC Loews Foothills 15  (Ina Rd and Cholla Blvd). Schedule here

I heard talk to day of some who wanted to go to the Pima Air Musuem and the Boneyard tour. Note the following from their website: No
  No"Boneyard"/AMARG tours on Fri., Dec. 26, 2014 due to an Executive Order for a federal holiday on that day. We've added extra tours the following week (Mon., Tue., Wed. and Fri.). NOTE: Thu., Jan. 1 is a federal holiday so no "Boneyard"/AMARG tours but the Pima Air & Space Museum is open.
http://www.pimaair.org/

Other possible Activities:
Biosphere 2. See info here
Arizona-Sonoran Desert Musuem. see info here
Titan Missile Museum. see info here
Tubac, AZ. see info here
The Art Museum at the University of AZ. See info here
Drive Up Mount Lemmon, but be careful the road was closed overnight a day ago because of ice. It is now open but may have restrictions
Sabino Canyon. Info here

Remember this is your rally. Pick and choose what interests you.

If you are going to something that others might enjoy, please post it here. It's always more fun to go with friends - even new friends!

ken

We won't be arriving until the 30th, but we are still coming.
See you all then.

Brenda and Len

Thanks for letting us know as I was eye balling every  fifth wheel entering this afternoon. Of course you will miss bowling! Hurry up
Betty

More fun  people arrived today.  We  held  Happy hour most of the afternoon because  after it warmed up, the day was gorgeous.  A few  Happy  hour  photos are included here for  your pleasure and a few  shots of the dinner  party of 23 at Famous Dave's.

Attachments

• IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2451.JPG
    IMG_2451.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 45
An RVForum Rally First!  At least my first time ever bowling with a group of seniors.  Yep for  only  $7 per person we had more fun than you can shake a stick at.  I think a few of us will have some sore  body parts tomorrow but tonight we had a few laughs, cheers and wahoooooo's.  Terry  had a high score  of 149 and Ken had a game of  159.  I bowled a few gutter balls but I did not fall in the alley as I did witness but got no shot! 

So here are some shots and we did not get home until well after 9 pm... this old group just keeps getting better!

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2472.JPG
    IMG_2472.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
Betty,

You forgot to tell them that in the first game I started with 4 gutter balls in the first 3 frames and ended with an 82! After all these years it took awhile to find a way I could bowl with a body that isn't still 20. Terry won 2 out of 3 and had the high average of our group. Maybe other will post their results.

But really the scores are unimportant, it was just a great way to have some fun and I think almost everyone had a good time! Some of us will have some minor pains today (my thumb is very sore). But still it was a blast - especially watching others (or others watching me clean the gutters).

I think this was a forum first and may be added to our News Years rallies in the future.

ken

Tomorrow - Dec 30 - will be the Chicken Dinner/Potluck.

It will be at 2:30.

Bring your own beverage, plates and silverware along with your side or desert.

ken

Since there's no way to "like" a post here on The Forum, we have to actually go in make a post. So while I "like" what Ken and Betty have posted, I actually have to say that I agree with them about everyone having a good time, about sore body parts (I won't be walking long or far today) and about how we should add this event to future Forum New Year celebrations. It was great to be able to share in such a good time with such a "happy" group. Or was it the good time that made the group happy? Whatever, it was fun.

Betty, it looks like you guys are having fun as always, in spite of the cool weather. Although I see Terry and Frank are in shorts so it can't be to bad. We'll hold down the fort here in Surprise, as we wait for friends to arrive from Mn tomorrow.

Looks like everyone is having a great time.

Chrystal and I are there in spirit anyways.

We hope everyone has an enjoyable new year.

Mike.

We're looking forward to the trip over tomorrow and we're bringing our 17 year old daughter, Andi Jo, with us. Unfortunately, some rain and a cold snap that's hitting San Diego tomorrow will be right on our tail. I know you folks in MN are laughing and wondering, "How bad can a San Diego cold snap be?" I make no excuses. We're just going to be lucky enough to make it over the mountain pass ahead of the storm, because the snow level will be at 2000 feet. See you guys tomorrow.

Kev

Rally Attendee List:

B-33 - Ken & Sheila,  12/26/14 - 1/3/15  ARRIVED
B-34 - Jeff and Sue,  12/28 - 01/02/15 ARRIVED
B-20 - Jerry & Ardra,  12/27 -1/3/15  ARRIVED
B-38 - Chet & Laurie,  12/26 -1/3/15 ARRIVED
B-32 - Ray & Liza,  12/26 - 1/3/15 ARRIVED
B-35 - Terry & Betty, 12/27 - 1/3/15  ARRIVED
B-30 - Frank & Barb, 12/28 - 1/3/15  ARRIVED
B-26 - Kevin & Cyndi, 12/30 - 1/3/15 ARRIVED
B-55 - Paul & Ann, 12/28 - 1/3/15  ARRIVED
B-23 - Larry & Loretta, 12/28 - 1/?/15  ARRIVED
B-25 - Len & Brenda, 12/27 - 1/3/15 ARRIVED
B-27 - Margaret & Henry, 12/27 - 1/3/14  ARRIVED
B-3 -  Richard and Linda, 12/27 - 1/3/15 ARRIVED
A-37  Vall & Mo, 12/29 - 1/1/15 ARRIVED
?-?? - Kim & Christi 12/28 - 1/?/15 ARRIVED
B-21 - Randy & Debbie  ARRIVED

After all these years it took awhile to find a way I could bowl with a body that isn't still 20.

Oh so true!  Here it is about 24 hours later and I'm starting to remember a few muscles I had forgotten are muscles!  It was fun and we were surprised at how well we did after 55 years which is about the last time either of us went bowling.  Most of us didn't know how to operate the new electronic scoring system and had long forgotten whatever rules there are in bowling.  But that didn't stop this intrepid group.  Definitely plan to try it again next year!

ArdraF

Well the plan for  8 of us  last evening was to return to the Harvest Moon Restaurant ( following 3 successful trips last year) and then  off to a movie.  The  party of  8 was seated right away at 5:08 pm , still plenty of time to make a  7:15 movie.  Well the service was slooooooow and food not  hot  nor  tasty nor even close to the  level as  last year.  So sadly  it does not make our recommendation for next year.

We missed the movie as checks still had not arrived and when the checks did come we were charged  20% for our "service."  But the company was grand and we got to  welcome our international RVForumites  Val and  Monica from Brazil. 

Terry showed  the first  Hobbit Movies in our rig until I could no longer stay awake!  Life is good!

Beautiful day for the Chicken dinner feed.  Bunch of  us went to movies, then to Dairy Queen.

Going out to breakfast at 9 am.  Don't know  name  but it is down Oracle by the laundromat.  Leaving campground at 9 so be out there if you want to join in another  food event!!!!!!

So many "framily" members there, but sadly we are not. So close, but yet so far.  We wanted to wish all of you a very happy new year tonight!  Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.  Hopefully, we will make a day trip down to Indio to see those of you heading there next. 

Happy New Year,

Steve & Dee

Best wishes for a Happy New Year get together.  Wish we could have made it again this year but life got in the way. 

Sounds like a good time is being had and we are envious!

Back
Top Bottom