HDMI to RCA converter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liltippy

Purchased a 2011 Sightseer that has a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall over the buffet. Factory install. Also has a fixed King Dome roof mounted satellite. The input to the tv and the cables that would go into a receiver are RCA.

Question. I would like to add a Dish 211z receiver which has HDMI output. Is there a converter to take the output of the 211z receiver and convert the output to put the signal over the factory installed RCA plugs and wiring? Would I still get HD at the TV.

Or, do I have to rewire with HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV to get a HD signal to this one TV?

Thanks.

I use an RF modulator (RCA input, coax output) to send signals out to other TVs with my DirecTV setup. I use an HDMI cable to the TV the receiver is with. I lose HD, but the other TVs are smaller, so it isn't too much of a problem. Up to you if that would be OK on you main, large TV.

But, does the Dish 211z have ONLY HDMI outputs? That would be a problem. and maybe what you are really asking?

No , 211z has both HDMI and RCA outputs. I am just trying to figure out how to get HD to one TV using the existing prewired RCA cables.

Thanks

Alternatively you could purchase a wireless HDMI extender and send the signal to the other TV without worrying about the wiring.

HDMI to RCA converts do exist but the picture quality will be diminished and DRM (copy protected) content will no play in HD and possibly not at all.

The RCA composite output is standard definition only.  So yes you will lose HD quality by using the RCA jacks and wiring vs. running a new HDMI cable between the receiver and TV.

But there's no reason not to use both.  You can use the existing wiring to send SD signals from other SD sources like a VCR, then use the TV's control to switch to HDMI for the HD signal from the Dish box.

Lou Schneider said:
You can use the existing wiring to send SD signals from other SD sources like a VCR, then use the TV's control to switch to HDMI for the HD signal from the Dish box.
What's a VCR?  ::)

Component cables are like Composite cables in that they use what are called RCA jacks.  You can get HD signal to the TV with the RED,Blue,Green component cables, but they carry no sound.  In that case, there are probably the composite red and white cables available behind the TV.  So, all you need is a receiver that has red, blue green and red and white outputs on the back.  You do not have to have HDMI to get HD signals to a TV.  Look at the bundle of wires behind the TV and check.  If you go this route, be sure to connect the cables to like color inputs. I have DTV, and am not familiar with Dish receivers. Hopefully the receiver has both component and composite outputs.  If so, no need to run a new HDMI cable, which would be quite hard.

You should be able to find everything you need here:

http://www.monoprice.com/

I've done quite a bit of business with monoprice over the years. Their prices are almost unbeatable and their quality is very good.

Don't think so.  That converts composite to HDMI.  I need to go the other way, from HDMI to composite.

Trying to learn more about wireless HDMI.  Of course it is more expensive.  :)

If you have 5 RCA connectors (three video, two sound) behind your TV, you can send HD video on the 3 video cables.  But if you only have 3 RCA connectors (one video, two sound) the single video cable can only carry an SD signal.  The process of combining color information on a single video cable limits the resolution to SD.

Getting a HDMI to single RCA converter box will take the HD signal coming out of the Dish's HDMI jack and turn it into the same SD signal the box sends out of it's own RCA jack.

More money but seems more features and seems workable with more systems.  Anyone have experience with Loftek?

http://www.loftek.us/products/product_info/93

Liltippy said:
Purchased a 2011 Sightseer that has a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall over the buffet. Factory install. Also has a fixed King Dome roof mounted satellite. The input to the tv and the cables that would go into a receiver are RCA.

Question. I would like to add a Dish 211z receiver which has HDMI output. Is there a converter to take the output of the 211z receiver and convert the output to put the signal over the factory installed RCA plugs and wiring? Would I still get HD at the TV.

Or, do I have to rewire with HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV to get a HD signal to this one TV?

Thanks.
As posted You can A)buy a wireless HDMI  signal repeater  B) use the HDMI  wire system or C) use a  5 wire component wire system
NOW if you use the regular cable system such as TW and your LCD or LED has a build in HD Tuner you will get non scrambled HD Tv through the regular RG cable
but that's two different situations

Liltippy said:
More money but seems more features and seems workable with more systems.  Anyone have experience with Loftek?

http://www.loftek.us/products/product_info/93

BUT? this has no bearing at all with what the OP asked? and is of no help for him to receive HD TV from his HD sat receiver  through regular cable
which is not possible

buchanan said:
BUT? this has no bearing at all with what the OP asked? and is of no help for him to receive HD TV from his HD sat receiver  through regular cable
which is not possible
Perhaps I missed something? You are telling the OP that the link that the OP posts has no bearing on what the OP was looking for, and no help to him (the OP), and that is HDMI to Cable (I Assume you are referring to the RF input?).You might want to reset to the top and read again.

Liltippy- I didn't see anywhere that these RCA inputs are component or composite? If those inputs are really RGB, then this box will likely work. It probably also has no issues with HDCP lockout rules since it's breaking the digital bitstream to analog. If not you will need to buy additional conversion gear that starts to add up to just replacing the monitor.

Liltippy said:

Thanks.

this DISH Network ViP 211K MPEG4 High-Definition  has the rca component out  so no adapters or new wires needed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom