Coleman A/C Blowing Really Weak - Fix Action

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaskalife

I have a 99 Winnebago Adventurer.  The a/c model number is MODEL 8632-876.  According to the parts breakdown sheet I found on winnebago's website, it's a coleman air conditioner.  I'm sure this motor is used in various models. 

Determined the motor on it was replaceable and found the replacement on amazon...took only about an hour to replace. 

It was tricky part was figuring out what part number to go by.  No number on the old motor really corresponded to anything.  But in the parts breakdown the coleman part number is listed as 1468-3069.

Amazon shows the new motor with a new part number but also shows it as a replacement to the 1468-3069. 

All you need to replace the motor is a phillips screwdriver (electric will make life easier), 11/32 socket, 5/32 allen wrench, 3 new wire nuts, wire cutter, knife, insulated pliers.

Parts Breakdown (list several a/c units):  http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1999/aircond.pdf

New Motor on Amazon (a few days ago it was for sell by amazon for $105'ish, but now it's not...must have ran out of stock and prob have more on the way...but this other seller on amazon has a reasonable price on it even with shipping):  http://www.amazon.com/Fasco-D1092-5-0-Inch-Replacement-Enclosure/dp/B007VJUB9S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

In my search, I did see other motors listed on amazon, so if this one is not for you and you need one, it's probably there just got to find it.

Anyways, hope this can help someone...I would hate to know what a service center would charge for this job.

Attachments

• 20140709_125832_resized_2.jpg
    20140709_125832_resized_2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 18
Good deal!

While you have the air conditioner open is a good time to flush out the external condenser and straighten any bent fins (you can get a comb for this at most hardware stores).

Then go inside and use either air or water to flush through the inside evaporator.  I used some diluted Simple Green in a garden sprayer for mine and it was amazing the amount of gunk that came out.  You'll have to open the access panel on one side of the evaporator and put something below the A/C to catch the drips.

Since I did this, the interior of my rig is staying about 5-10 degrees cooler on hot days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom