Mounting Kayak on rear of the Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zulu1242

Hello all!
Just new to this forum and I have an idea on how to mount my 13' kayaks on the rear of my 1996 Coachmen Santara, however, I'm not sure how to find the studs in the back to drill in the eye hooks for my idea.

Any ideas on where I can find blueprints on the construction of my motorhome to make sure I don't drill 5 holes before finding the studs?

I just don't want my motorhome to look like someone shot it up!

I'm going to mount them vertically with milk cartons (with foam in them of course for padding) on the bottom and the hooking up hardware closer to the top.

The other option is mounting them on the roof, but they are heavy and cumbersome, so this might not be a good option for me.

Unless anyone has other ideas???

Thank you

I have the same idea but was going to pad one of those box-like carriers that use the hitch receiver and set the kayaks on that. However, since my MH is a 2013, structural info is easily available. Also my kayaks are only 10' so they won't stick up (much) above the MH--could be an issue.
Good luck, Harry

Saw one of these racks recently on a motorhome and thought it looked like a much better idea than my original one which entailed dragging my kayak onto the roof and strapping it down.
http://www.rvkayakrack.com/gallery.html

I just bought a 2014 ACE 27.1 LOVE IT!  How do you like yours? Do you know what MPG you get? also have a kayak can you send me info pictures on a mount to a ladder!  [email protected] Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom