Getting a jump on our Fall uke concert season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Although our Delta Strummers ukulele band is currently on a Summer hiatus, we have a relatively short rehearsal period after we re-convene in September before our first concert in October. We haven't yet homed in on a final playlist, but I recently emailed a list of 43 potential numbers for folks to practice at home, or while traveling in their RV, during the recess.

Only 34 of the numbers are currently in our Song Book, and the remainder need to be arranged by our Music Director. My job is to keep bugging him, play/sing/check/corrrect his output, and add everything to our online Song Book.

The Maestro is home from vacation, and bugging me for music (that's the wrong way round!) Looks like he plans to incorporate my "fun" medley into our next concert. Overnight, he played and tweaked my music, and showed up here today with markups. He's really creative and talented, and I like what he's done.

Our mid October (paid) concert is locked in. Time for me to get the freebie concerts (at assisted living homes) firmed up.

While he (the Maestro) was here, I introduced (sang/played) a Welsh love song that I've re-arranged for a bari uke. He picked up my guitar and played it. As I suspected, it may not work for the uke group, except as a guitar solo, which is not out of the question. But the Maestro is also thinking about it for his 85-voice mixed chorus. This is deja vu all over again; I'd previously introduced him to a Welsh song, suggesting it would work for his chorus, and it was in their next concert program. They sang it in English, but I got to sing it to them in Welsh at their last rehearsal.

Meanwhile, we have 8 or 9 folks interested in taking beginners ukulele lessons. Classes start shortly (taught by the Maestro), and folks who graduate will join the band for weekly practice, where further learning occurs.

Back
Top Bottom