Our first year full time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Now that we have been full timers for a year, the big question is why did we wait so long.

We are slowly getting used to SLOWING DOWN and moving a short distance and stopping for a week. Our first year has been to busy, caner treatment for DW and resulting anxiety , traveling from PA to the west coast and into BC, Canada visiting relatives. And now having to drive back to NY and PA for grandsons' birthdays. This will end our planned and necessary travel. Now we are looking forward to having no set plans.

We are not new to RV travel. we had a 40' coach for 19 years and put 150,000 miles on it, but didn't begin to see what this country has to offer. We got our present coach - a 45' Monaco with 4 slides - 18 months ago and have had some expected (8 new tires and new awnings and 11 batteries) and some unexpected expenses, but the total cost is still less than we would have spent if we and stayed in our house.

How long we we continue? Our answer is until we can't. Where will we settle? We have no idea except that it must be some place with no snow.

Right now we're in a small RV park (10 sites) in Nemaha, NE, next to a cornfield, watching it rain and thinking why not stay a few days longer. The corn is in tassel and smells great, the local sweet corn just got ripe 4 days ago - boy is it good - and we have a month to go 1500 miles.

Full timing is great!!

I like your attitude! We travel the back roads when possible and stay in an area long enough to see everything we can.

We so know your happiness getting the first year under you and all the anxieties and anticipation of what was to come.  Happy your "obligations" are now over, because there is no way better to see this country than to see it slowly.  We loved our winters in AZ and summers in Maine and seeing all there was to see on our roads coming and going.  We always took the National and State highways when it was feasible and saw so many interesting towns and adventurers in-between.  And we only scratched the surface at 18 crossings.  We never made plans, except if something interesting was on the way, like your place,  ;D we'd plan to stay a few days or longer.  Sometimes we only planned an overnighter and then found stuff to see so we hung around for a week or so.  Having no plans, for us, was the ultimate in our adventures and fun.  Looking forward to seeing you both at Catalina or sooner.

Daisy

Gosh Daisy, I remember your first trip west in the Bounder when you stopped at our place the first time. It looks like we'll be making the annual pilgrimage east to see family for a few years ourselves.

We will be back in Benson in mid OCT and will see you then.

We will be back in Benson in mid OCT and will see you then.

Great news Chet. :) :)  We look forward to seeing you both then.  I'll try not to let my allergies screw our plans up again.  :( :(

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom