Before I go cranking on these......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campernewbie

Getting ready to remove faucet in bathroom and kitchen. They are both put in like this. Are these geranally glued, or just screwed on like in residental applications? Dont want to crank on them if they are glued and just need cut out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 214
These are pretty standard plumbing fixtures and should not be glued.  That said, I can't guarantee someone didn't add glue, especially if it is a previously owned RV.  About all you can do is break one loose and you should know right away.

Yeah those look like mine they just screwed in, but who knows what the PO has done......worst case scenario you gotta make a trip to the hardware store!

Can not get them to budge ! Now what can't pull whole sink, won't go through holes even if I cut the pipe? Grrrr I hate this faucet !

Can you get a pair of water pump pliers on them or a basin wrench? The nuts shouldn't be that tight!!! Can you remove the gray nuts holding the pipes? If you can, then just break the white nuts holding the faucet assembly

space too small to get any type of tool on. I barely can get my hands up in there and I wear a size four womens ring, so that is a pretty small space. Im just going to cut them and try and break the white ones as you suggested. Man this has been quite frustrating.

What are you going to cut? Don't cut the gray pipes unless it's the last resort. Try to get your hands on a basin wrench. They should work.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Telescoping-Basin-Wrench-31175/100017222

You may also get one possibly from a tool rental place.

After many many hours of trying, they finally broke loose. It appears as previous owner put plumbers putty on the threads, grrrrr. Cleaned off and installed new faucet this weekend!

What had putty, the white nut or the gray nut? If it was the white nut, that's dumb. All it does is hold the faucet assembly to the counter top.  The gray nut should have a rubber ferrel which makes the seal. The nut has nothing to do with sealing except it puts more tension on the ferrel.

When I did mine.  I had to cut the pipes.  Then I installed shutoff valves with push on fitting to the gray pipe.  Then used a flexible line.    New fauset 49$    all the adapters lines, fittings and gas for 3 trips to home depot.  79$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom