drip rail extenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rmblaster

Does anybody know where i can find drip rail extenders Im tired of having water run down the front side windows

Camping World and a few others sell a "J" channel with adhesive backing. I used it over my front wondow, and to extend my PS gutter past the entry door. Inexpensive and easy to install.

John, did you paint yours? What paint did you use, if you did, and how has it held up over time?

These are $2.50 each at CW and I have used them and they work very well.  But the clothes pin does too and is even cheaper.  Just something to lead the water away from the trailer.  They work very well unless the trailer is tipped so much that the stream comes back against the trailer wall.  The CW link shows pictures of how they work.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rv-gutter-spouts-with-extensions-4pk/31564

Sure, here are a few pics of the install.  The key is to clean the area with alcohol prior to install.  On my rig the drip gutter terminated right over the entry door.  If the door awning was out, it was OK.  If not and it was raining, it was a "refreshing" experience! 

Attachments

• IMG_20140627_135240_791.jpg
    IMG_20140627_135240_791.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20140627_135248_672.jpg
    IMG_20140627_135248_672.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 55
Rene, I believe that he is talking about his rain gutters don't extend far enough and water runs down the side wall and over his window. He wants to extend the rain gutter farther down the wall.

Sarge, that's what I was thinking too but others are thinking differently. That's why I recommended using clothespins. They work great and are cheap.

I picked up some extenders from a local fleetwood dealer they are not a perfect fit but with a little trimming and some silicone they will work the part #s are 518961 & 518962 cost 2.22 ea

Attachments

• 20140718_081124.jpg
    20140718_081124.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20
Wagonmaster2 said:
Any pictures showing how and what type clothes pins are used?  Sounds very interesting.

I don't have any pictures but all it is just clip the clothespin on the drip extender you have now. What this does is when the water flows through the gutter rail and gets to the gutter extender, the water follows the clothespin and away from your sidewall.

Back
Top Bottom