2015 F450 boasts biggest pick-up tow capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long will it be before someone builds a 31,200 pound  RV trailer?  Could you get a  40 ft.RV trailer to weigh that much? the saying must be true.

"You can never have too much truck."

I have seen a couple on TV that are full semi trailers and have a second story that pops up, full 70,000 pounds. They lease them to movie stars for living on location.  They were pretty sweet but almost hard to call them RVs.

I think the phrase "Build it and they will come" applies.  The American market seems to have an insatiable thirst for ever-heavier RVs. People are asking for jacuzzi's, 80" tvs, full size tubs plus showers, additional baths, you name it!  There are size limits (400 sq ft) for the towable RV classification, but no weight limit.

The F-450 is a 1.5 ton chassis, so while it may be the undisputed  heavyweight, it is not an apples to apples comparison to a GM/Dodge 3500, or Ford's own F350 for that matter.

Yeap, not apples-to-apples, but the F450 is claiming to be the largest towing capacity pick-up truck on the market. The others have larger chassis available too, but not with a pick-up body.Just marketing Semantics.

I do love the way a marketing department can make their product sound the best - Dodge claims best in class 1-ton, Ford claims best in class "pickup", and I just read a Chevy ad in this month's Trailer Life claiming best in class towing but it was only about 23,000 lbs so what that claim is based on, I can't figure out!

Edit: I had to go back and read the ad: "Best in class conventional towing of 19,600 lbs" (with a max 5th wheel tow rating of 23,600).

Back
Top Bottom