Old questions again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huntnski

Sorry to have to ask these questions again but I was looking back through the old post and unable to find these answers. Been gathering info on jeeps for some time now. Really had no knowledge before I started and found this forum as knowledgeable as any jeep forum when it comes to jeeps and RVing.

I recall there was a year that Jeep increased the horse power by 85 HP, what year was that?

Second question, what year did jeeps, when transfer case shifted to N, automatically unlocked the steering wheel, allowing you to turn key off and remove?

Ok I think I found my answers but if anyone can confirm or correct me please do. 2008 and early 2009 to pull a wangler 4 down required having key turned and fuse out to prevent draining battary

Later 09 and on the steering wheel dosnt lock and can be pulled 4 down.

2012 was the year the horsepower increased.

If this is / isn't correct please confirm. Thanks

Can't testify on the key issue, but it sounds about right (my 06 requires key and my 12 doesn't). The new engine and trans started with the 12 and are definitely worth extra coin. They are well matched and solve the problem in that area, particularly with the automatic. Can't comment on the standard,  but there is little reason to buy a stick in this day (my opinion).

Ernie

Thanks Ernie. As I run across clean used JKU like I'm looking for I have to go back searching for my notes. Good looking used ones don't come along often, especially in a Rubicon Unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom