RV parks at Estes Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

19PNG68

Will be in Estes Park in September.  Would like input on RV park to stay in.  The reviews don't seem to be very good on any of the RV parks.  Will be in a 38 ft 5th wheel.  Thanks for any recommendations.

We are also going to Estes Park in September. Looked hi and low for campgrounds. Finally decided we were going to camp in Loveland, CO. It's about 50 minutes from Estes but seems to have the only good campgrounds around. Would love to hear any input.

We stayed at Elk Meadows a couple of times and it is OK. The sites are on the side of a slope so the sitting area outside  is small but we were able to get level.

Great view and close to RMNP entrance.

The last time we stayed in Estes Park we drove through a number of the area campgrounds.  I think Spruce Lake or Elk Meadow are probably the best choices in that area.  That being said, they were both just OK.

Take a look at Hermit Park. Larimer County Open Space. Located just above the Estes valley.
There is also a small campground in the Town of Lyons.

Saw Elk Meadows last week.  Wide open so you have great views of the Mtns.  Almost no trees at all and Its very close to the entrance. Loveland is only 30 miles away but its a solid hour drive as the road curves alot.  Just did this drive and it was sad to see all the flood damage from 2013.  We didn't get much over 25-30 mph the whole way. 

It is an old thread but an issue that I'm sure comes up over and again.
I am looking for my first RV trip to Rocky Mountain NP. I see that Moraine Park and Aspen Glen and Glacier Basin are within the park itself and have no hookups. Hermit Park appears to be a county property, also no hookups. Estes Park Campgrounds have hookups but a strict 26 foot limit. Elk Meadows. Paradise on the River and Manor RV are all private facilities with full hookups. From what I can tell, no general length limit.
So that's what I found. Any other experiences at these properties or more recent info?

What is your setup?  Will you have a TOAD to run around in?  I?m in Loveland and can offer several ideas if I can get a better understanding of your setup.  Estes traffic is a nightmare.  As suggested, a good alternative is basecamp in Loveland and commute to Estes and RMNP.  Elk Meadows in Estes is OK but not close to anything.  Spruce Lake OK, a few restaurants are within walking distance.  There is a KOA at the eastern entrance to Estes that lets you avoid driving your rig through Estes traffic and is walkable to a few restaurants.  There is a lot to do in the Loveland/Fort Collins area and a few more RV Park choices.  A nice day trip is Trail Ridge road from Estes over to Grand Lake for lunch and then back.

Loveland will probably be less expensive also. I gather you're over 26 ft but don't know how much - Elk Meadow is  probably one of the easier for big rigs to get around in and right by the entrance to the park, maintenance of roads, sites and facilities has been spotty in recent years, poor management but is right next door to a good restaurant - the Rock Inn, on a town shuttle stop. Mary's Lake also ok for big rigs but not close to anything most folks might be interested in - also on shuttle route. Manor RV is probably the best for an extended stay, really good folks there working hard to keep it up but it is tight in there - once you get in you'd want to be there awhile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom