GATE GUARDS NEEDED IN SOUTH TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

overwatchent

TX: Gate Guards are needed by OverWatch Enterprises, LLC, for security in the oil field in South Texas. Applicants should be neat and clean in appearance, fit and able to withstand outdoor working conditions in remote locations.

Must have a RV in good working order and a partner to live/work with in the RV.

All applicants and applying partners will need to have or obtain a license as a Level II Noncommissioned Security Officer through the DPS, license applications can be submitted on the DPS website.

Applicants must be able to pass a DPS background check, fingerprinting and drug screening.

If you are interested please fill out an employment application online at overwatchent.com or call for further information 830.589.3002, ask for Kasey.

I've heard folks who did this and made big money. Seems like a good gig if there are two of you and you don't mind being available 24/7.

Wendy said:
I've heard folks who did this and made big money. Seems like a good gig if there are two of you and you don't mind being available 24/7.

BIG Money? reading the ad from 2 days ago(same people) different ad it pays $150-175$ For both people so works out to $7.29 per hour
I made more than that in 1966 delivering the papers

If you're not interested in the job, then just don't read the topic.  It may have value for others.

Ned said:
If you're not interested in the job, then just don't read the topic.  It may have value for others.

not interested at 7.29 pH  LOL 

You have to look at this in the in the right perspective. First of all, try not to think of this only in the context of hourly wages. Yes, you have to be there 24/7 however you do not work non-stop. Your water, power and sewer is all taken care of.

Just do the math, at $150 - $175 it amounts to approximately $4,500 - $5,250 per month. For what you have to do, not too shabby. Beats dealing with grumpy campers and hardly any pay in a campground! A nice way to beef- up your retirement.

We have been doing this for almost 4 years and the ONLY negative comments I have ever read are from folks who have never been closer to an oil gate than this forum.

You have to be AVAILABLE 24/7.  In most cases, the majority of that time will be spent doing what you want to do.  Watching TV, surfing the internet, working on your RV, cooking, etc.  I know of no other jobs for RVers that afford this opportunity.  You are working in a rural environment with little supervision and freedom to complete your task as you see fit.  We take time off when we want to, stay gone as long as we want to and there is always an assignment waiting for us when we come back.

We are too young to retire and no way we are going back to cubicle world.  So check with the folks that are walking the walk. Few of them say they would NOT do it again.

Back
Top Bottom