21st annual luncheon and boat cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Once a year our local retired guys club convenes a lunch for members and wives at a local waterside eatery, followed by boat cruises around the neighborhood &/or out on the 'fast water' sloughs of the CA Delta.

The event was started by a now-deceased member who had the idea of offering boat rides to non-boating couples. Last week was the 21st annual event and, as usual, was well attended; 60 folks turned up for lunch, 35 of which took rides on 5 boats. A neat idea, and very much appreciated by attendees.

Attachments

• Boat1c.jpg
    Boat1c.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Boat2c.jpg
    Boat2c.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Boat3c.jpg
    Boat3c.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
Chris belongs to a ladies lunch group that calls themselves The Insiders. They take it in turns to organize the lunch and location every month. When it was Chris' turn last year, she self-catered the lunch at our home, then we took all the ladies out for a cruise around the neighborhood aboard our boat. Chris was below in the salon, entertaining one group, and another group were on the bridge with me. I had another of the husbands along as a backup captain, just in case.

Chris and I were too busy to take photos that day, but most of the ladies are still talking about it and asking when we're going to repeat it.

Attachments

• 480 side view.jpg
    480 side view.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 26
Just noticed that the captain of the small boat in the third attachment to my first message is a retired photographer from a Bay Area newspaper. Wish I could get him to join our photography club and give us some pointers. One day he showed me his cameras and lenses in wooden boxes in the back of his SUV. My jaw fell open.

Back
Top Bottom